DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Start sending emails to the following:

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Maybe the new VP will do something about the problem.

Bill
I am not an it guy, just a quasi "unofficial" one at work. I know my way around technology and our IT guys treat people like jerks. I never understand why a corporation like Disney has crappy IT. It's not a difficult problem to solve, and enough complaints can surely fix the problem. If the same person rented a non DVC room and added a night, then they can "link" it but with DVC membership numbers they cannot? Seems like a simple solution to add a link to separate contract numbers.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
I am not an it guy, just a quasi "unofficial" one at work. I know my way around technology and our IT guys treat people like jerks. I never understand why a corporation like Disney has crappy IT. It's not a difficult problem to solve, and enough complaints can surely fix the problem. If the same person rented a non DVC room and added a night, then they can "link" it but with DVC membership numbers they cannot? Seems like a simple solution to add a link to separate contract numbers.
They can link DVC reservations, but you still have to check out and check back in again.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
Orsino
Mouseketeer

We had to do the check-out check-in thing last week. It wasn't too terrible. I went alone to the front desk and picked up the new keys for both of us.

I do think it is stupid though.

I got the extra night via wait list, so the reservation was a different number (same contract though). I would have happily spent time on the phone with MS if they could cancel both reservations and issue a new unified reservation, but I was reluctant to do so since I was afraid of losing my reservation entirely.
Orsino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Ok, I am SO glad that we and our friends booked 2 separate 1BR's rather than staying together in a 2BR.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #20
NHPeter
Earning My Ears

we have had to check-out/check-in when we have had a combination of some nights on points but 1 or 2 nights on DVC cash discounts. Luckily, we have reminded the desk when we check in of all of the reservation numbers and they have verified that they have somehow been linked. The desk CM always states that they can't "guarantee" that we will not have to change rooms! So far, in the 3 times we have had points and cash nights we have not had to change rooms. Changing rooms would be a big hastle.

It is a bit of a pain to have check-in and get your keys (8 for a 2 bedroom) for a Sunday to Thursday on DVC points, check-out/check-in and get new keys for a stay Fri/Sat on cash and check-out/check-in and get new keys again for a Sunday on points!
NHPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

We've had to check out and back in once when I added a night online...as others have said to me it wasn't a big deal I was able to do it easily and get everyone's new room key
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #22
boscoj
Mouseketeer

I wonder if this only applies at WDW......

We recently came back from a trip to VGC and half of our res was made with a friends points since we didn't have enough. Although there were 2 different res #'s, MS was able to link them and the front desk said that we didn't have to "check out and check back in"
boscoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #23
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
They can link DVC reservations, but you still have to check out and check back in again.
In the system it wouldn't truly be linked if they make you check out and back in. Otherwise that makes no sense at all. Somehow it's separated in the computer causing the checkout/in or else they would be able to have the keys work for all nights booked.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #24
abner1776
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I sent an e-mail to member services and just spoke with someone in authority at DVC and he seemed to know what he was talking about, even if he did not give me the answer I was looking for.

THe issue is that DVC looks at each member as a seperate legal entity and without permission from that member, MS cannot simply link their reservation with another members reservation. So to MS, my two reservations were treated as two seperate reservations just like any other two reservations even though they were for the same people, staying in the same room for consecutive nights. Also under their rules any change in reservations requires a change in room keys regardless of whether it's the same people staying in the room.

According to MS, there are solutions to the check out check in problem:

1. Have myself added as an associate to my friends account...not practical for a one time reservation,
2. Have both members call MS at the same time and give permission to have the two reservations linked...possible... or
3. Have one member transfer the points to the other member and then book the reservation as one reservation...another possibility.

DVC is very much aware of the situation as they have heard from other members on this same issue, but there is nothing in the works to "fix" the problem. My hunch is that DVC MS wants to avoid any legal or security issues related to a botched reservation link if they try to "fix" the problem, so for the time being it's gonna be ....check out, check in and get new keys.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #25
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by abner1776 View Post
Ok, so I sent an e-mail to member services and just spoke with someone in authority at DVC and he seemed to know what he was talking about, even if he did not give me the answer I was looking for.

THe issue is that DVC looks at each member as a seperate legal entity and without permission from that member, MS cannot simply link their reservation with another members reservation. So to MS, my two reservations were treated as two seperate reservations just like any other two reservations even though they were for the same people, staying in the same room for consecutive nights. Also under their rules any change in reservations requires a change in room keys regardless of whether it's the same people staying in the room.

1. Have myself added as an associate to my friends account...not practical for a one time reservation,
2. Have both members call MS at the same time and give permission to have the two reservations linked...possible... or
3. Have one member transfer the points to the other member and then book the reservation as one reservation...another possibility.

DVC is very much aware of the situation as they have heard from other members on this same issue, but there is nothing in the works to "fix" the problem. My hunch is that DVC MS wants to avoid any legal or security issues related to a botched reservation link if they try to "fix" the problem, so for the time being it's gonna be ....check out, check in and get new keys.
Their response still doesn't make much sense. I have made reservations with my two separate contracts. I e-mailed DVC to link them. I am listed as owner on both of them (the names are just reversed - me first on one master, Bill first on the other master). But we still had to link the resrevation made with one contract to the other and we still had to check out and check back it. But linking made sure we stayed in the same villa.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #26
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Their response still doesn't make much sense. I have made reservations with my two separate contracts. I e-mailed DVC to link them. I am listed as owner on both of them (the names are just reversed - me first on one master, Bill first on the other master). But we still had to link the resrevation made with one contract to the other and we still had to check out and check back it. But linking made sure we stayed in the same villa.
I've had two reservations made under a single membership that were linked and I still had to check out and check back in. They were for a standard view at BLT so I didn't want to have them cancel and rebook it and risk the rooms being lost in the process.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by abner1776 View Post

You can add an associate to your account via the member website. Really no big deal.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #28
abner1776
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Deb, I'm with you on this one, but he was very clear that if the reservations are linked then MS looks at it as one continuous reservation and check out check in is not required. What I have found is an explanation of what SHOULD happen can be quite different that what REALLY happens.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: