Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #346
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Phew! Lauren- I am sorry you had so much trouble getting home.

I am very pleased that the roughest part of our trip was that the Orlando airport Starbucks ran out of the location mugs while we were in California! All our connections were smooth- although I really did not enjoy moving my own luggage around again.

I was pleased that we were selected for TSA Pre-Check for 3 out of 4 flights on this trip. The odd prt was that the one we didn't get was not the same for John & I! He did not have it on the Orlando-LA leg, and I didn't get it on the Orlando to Phila leg. Odd- but when we were chosen- it was so smooth!!

And yes- Lauren, I agree- sleeping in my own bed again was heavenly. We both slept a solid 10 hours our first night at home!!! Ahhhh!

Jon- so glad to hear your painting arrived safely! I can just imagine the looks on the TSA faces trying to figure out what to do with it!!

How/where do you see the ABD photos? I did not get an email. Where do we find them? (edited to add: Never mind! John reminded me we have a card with a link on it!! )

I am still trudging through our photos. Rotating, cropping, weeding out garbage, etc. I should have them up soon- I hope! The real world of work is back in full force- so time is scarce at the moment.

Overall- I do want to report that our first ABD experience was excellent! We enjoyed meeting everyone. I think we had terrific guides. We were able to see many things we could never see on our own. Only one day of icky (rainy) weather- but we trudged on.
I was disappointed that we didn't do a couple of things other groups had done- but that's entirely my fault for reading trip reports!! Nothing is promised and everything is dependent on the circumstances of when you actually visit. I witnessed our guides performing magic during our whole trip- arranging access, secret conversations behind the Paddle of Power! They went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful experience!!

Thanks to everyone of the Adventurers on our trip- it was a pleasure traveling with you!! Hope you all arrived home safely and had a wonderful Christmas!

Last edited by wdwscout; 12-26-2013 at 04:55 PM.
wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #347
JonKPest
Earning My Ears

Lost Card

I lost the card with the photo album web address. Can one of you please email the link to go4dkil@aol.com.

Thanks

Jon K
Port Orleans Riverside 10/2011
Disney Dream 11/3/2011 No CC this Trip Disney Wonder 10/7/2012 Disney Wonder 9/2/2013 Disney Wonder 9/8/2014 Disney Fantasy 12/6/14
JonKPest is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #348
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonKPest View Post
I lost the card with the photo album web address. Can one of you please email the link to go4dkil@aol.com.

Thanks

Jon K
Hey Jon!

Just got back from race weekend at WDW and have started looking for the card. I already downloaded what I wanted so I'm not sure where I put it but I'll keep an eye out and let you know when I find it!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #349
JonKPest
Earning My Ears

I just found the code!
It was with the 4 x 6 pictures.

JonK
Port Orleans Riverside 10/2011
Disney Dream 11/3/2011 No CC this Trip Disney Wonder 10/7/2012 Disney Wonder 9/2/2013 Disney Wonder 9/8/2014 Disney Fantasy 12/6/14
JonKPest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #350
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonKPest View Post
I just found the code!
It was with the 4 x 6 pictures.

JonK
Old 03-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #351
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Hey y'all! Long time no talk! This real life thing is for the birds.

So as some of you may know (and/or care/not care?) I scrapbook our trips. But for some reason I haven't had any scraping mojo. AT ALL! It's been most annoying. I've got great photos of AK Wild Animal Trek (highly recommend) our Tower of Terror Race, my 40th birthday, this trip, and I've scrapped nothing, nada, zip!

As luck would have it I'm in the middle of making some rather large life decisions right now about some work stuff, and so of course my mind immediately turns to scrapbooking instead of this pile o' stuff I got on my desk. Procrastination, hello, old friend!

So finally some pages and photos to share of this most excellent trip! I know Jeff has been holding his breath this whole time for some dang photos!

Without further ado I present a few pages:

Thanks again, John, for my Ears! This is truly one of my most favorite memories, glowing with my new friends!

Old 03-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #352
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Hey y'all! Long time no talk! This real life thing is for the birds.

So as some of you may know (and/or care/not care?) I scrapbook our trips. But for some reason I haven't had any scraping mojo. AT ALL! It's been most annoying. I've got great photos of AK Wild Animal Trek (highly recommend) our Tower of Terror Race, my 40th birthday, this trip, and I've scrapped nothing, nada, zip!

As luck would have it I'm in the middle of making some rather large life decisions right now about some work stuff, and so of course my mind immediately turns to scrapbooking instead of this pile o' stuff I got on my desk. Procrastination, hello, old friend!

So finally some pages and photos to share of this most excellent trip! I know Jeff has been holding his breath this whole time for some dang photos!
Awesome photos pages!!! That was a terrific trip- rain and all.
I completely understand the procrastination thing- he and I are well acquainted.
We have photos too- tucked away in a little file on this computer somewhere... maybe someday I will organize them?
Not sure when. Absolute truth- right now I am scanning and organizing photos from our 1993 trip to WDW!!! I do hope I don't wait until 2034 to get to the BSM trip!

Thanks for sharing!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #353
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

A couple more! Enjoy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: