Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ View Post
Did you have to FP "Under the Sea"? Did you notice the wait times for the standby line? Thanks for the review! Really looking forward to seeing the FLE!
We were there for a passholder preview, so the crowds were pretty light. That ride is a people eater in the same way Haunted Mansion is (uses same type of ride vehicle) so it should eat over 1100 people per hour. Line should move fast all the time.

Plus the queue is really cool, ala Pirates or The Seas with Nemo.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
JoAnnPan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Lastly, got to eat dinner at Be Our Guest Restaurant and thought it was really good. The theming of the place is incredible and it's worth it to eat there just to see the inside. I thought the service was also good and enjoyed having a glass of Lassiter wine with my meal. As for the food, it was OK, but honestly I think it could be better. It's not overly priced, so that's a good thing. For the 3 of us with tip we ended up banging out a $170 bill, but could have ate there for quite a bit less.

If you have any questions please ask.
Thanks for sharing!
We have BOG dinner reservations for February - did you sit in the main dining room? Were you able to view the West Wing? How is the theming throughout? What were your thoughts of the restaurant? Was it noisy? Do they play music?
Sorry for all the questions - just really interested

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #18
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I had same experience, I watched several times and could not understand what am I missing, so cool! Can't wait to see it!
Me neither! :P
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #19
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnPan View Post
Thanks for sharing!
We have BOG dinner reservations for February - did you sit in the main dining room? Were you able to view the West Wing? How is the theming throughout? What were your thoughts of the restaurant? Was it noisy? Do they play music?
Sorry for all the questions - just really interested
We sat in the Rose room, which is definitely less themed than the Ball Room and the West Wing. That being said, it was still nice and the paintings and tapestries they have in there are incredible (all concept art from the movie). This room was nice and quiet because it was the first night they had it opened and there were only about 10 tables being used in that big room. I didn't feel like they put tables too close together so you have some room to breathe. In the middle of the Rose room there is a huge music box that plays lots of nice music.

The theming of the entire restaurant is incredible. We were one of the last seatings for the night, so when we finished we walked around the entire restaurant and took it in. The West Wing is really cool, but the Ball Room is beautiful.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Me neither! :P
My kids turned to me after it opened and literally said, "Dad, close your mouth".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: