Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Single rider line TT for 7 year old

I'm planning for our WDW trip in April. DS will be 7 1/2 and DD is 10. I know technically he is old enough to do the single rider line, but was wondering if other parents think 7 year olds should do the single rider line where one parent rides first, then 7 year old, then other parent. I wouldn't think of doing it on EE, but am sort of contemplating it on TT and only after he's ridden it at least once. We haven't done it in DL with him on RSR, mainly since it breaks down so often.
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
J'aime Paris
Living happily ever after

We started letting DD ride between us in single rider line at age 8. We'd been to WDW 10+ times already, so DD knew what to expect. We also reminded her to seek out a CM if a "glitch" happened.
Never had any problems doing it.
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
ghtx
DIS Veteran

7 is the minimum age to ride alone, and I think a 7-year-old would be just fine in the single rider line.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

I would not be comfortable leaving my seven year old unattended in that scenario. YMMV, of course, but for us, no.

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
I'm planning for our WDW trip in April. DS will be 7 1/2 and DD is 10. I know technically he is old enough to do the single rider line, but was wondering if other parents think 7 year olds should do the single rider line where one parent rides first, then 7 year old, then other parent. I wouldn't think of doing it on EE, but am sort of contemplating it on TT and only after he's ridden it at least once. We haven't done it in DL with him on RSR, mainly since it breaks down so often.
My youngest was allowed to do single rider at 8 for TT. This past trip, at 9, she did RnRC and a few other rides in single rider. I did worry at first but she did fine so we let her go again. We just waited outside the exits for her.

ETA: If you think your son could handle it than let him try. Sometimes 2 of you will even end up in the sam vehicle.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: