Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Kippy52
Earning My Ears

Wedding Theme Ideas

Hello all,

My fiance and I are thinking about possible themes for our wedding reception. We are going to WDW in November for our site visit and we are so excited to finally get the ball rolling on our DFTW. We are looking into Living Seas or a Banquet Hall in either the Grand Floridian or Boardwalk for our reception. My fiance's favorite movies are the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast and mine are. I was thinking that since we are having a small ceremony approx 35 people, we could decorate each table as one of our favorite disney movies and have the sweetheart table in either Beauty and the Beast or maybe Mickey and Minnie. Other ideas being discussed are Mickey & Minnie or a Princess theme (elegant type) reception.

I would love to know your themes and any good places to look at ideas or even decorations, centerpiece ideas, etc.

Thanks everyone
Kippy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
minniebride
DIS Veteran

We got married the week before Christmas.

Our colors were silver and various shades of purple. We did a combined theme of winter and vintage WDW-snowflakes on our menus and floral, our placecards were vintage WDW park tickets, our table numbers were vintage posters of MK rides, etc...
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

We are having our reception in the Living Seas, and we actually decided to go with the Nemo theme!! Our place card holders are small beachy/seashell frames, we will name our tables after Nemo characters, and we are giving all the kids Nemo plush! We aren't totally Nemo-ing everything... we also have Donald and Daisy coming, and our wedding cake is very Mickey based, with Mickey and Minnie on top, but we just thought we'd embrace the place! :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: