Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
pearljammer
Mouseketeer

Do you get discount on already booked cruises?

So if you have a cruise booked and when you get onboard your most recent cruise, can you get the 10% ob discount for that cruise already booked? Or is it only for NEW cruises?

If so, then the discount is applied to the pricing of the day you are on your current cruise and not the price you booked at earlier. Yes? No?

We've got a cruise in less than 2 weeks and I want to see if the ones I currently have reserved will be cheaper once I'm on board (although prices for 2 of them have gone up enough it may not be even with 10%) but just not sure if you can apply that to already booked cruises.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Yep

You have it right. I went on my first cruise almost a month ago. I had booked my next cruise for Dec 2012 on opening day this past spring, a Bahamian 3-night Dream cruise 11A for $1520, 2A1C no ins trans, etc. When I went aboard the ship I knew prices had gone up and they would only give me a discount off the current price ... so I just booked whatever since I couldn't remember the exact price of our room to see what the difference was.
The current price for the exact same cruise though one category down (we went to an 11B, apparently 11A's were sold out? as well as the outside cats), was $1479 with the 10% discount but they gave us the $100 rebooking on board OBC on top of that (in addition to our Disney Visa and TA OBC). So the price can be a wash but the re-booking OBC might make it worth it even if the price has gone up if you decide to re-book, but they will not give you the 10% off your previous booked cruise price. When we got back our TA cancelled the opening day reservation.

We also ended up booking a dummy date for 2012 that we intend to move to a 2013 Wonder itinerary so that for 2013 we can get the advantage of both opening day price _and_ the re-booking 10% off discount and the re-booking OBC. That is the only way to get both from what I understand.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
pearljammer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
You have it right. I went on my first cruise almost a month ago. I had booked my next cruise for Dec 2012 on opening day this past spring, a Bahamian 3-night Dream cruise 11A for $1520, 2A1C no ins trans, etc. When I went aboard the ship I knew prices had gone up and they would only give me a discount off the current price ... so I just booked whatever since I couldn't remember the exact price of our room to see what the difference was.
The current price for the exact same cruise though one category down (we went to an 11B, apparently 11A's were sold out? as well as the outside cats), was $1479 with the 10% discount but they gave us the $100 rebooking on board OBC on top of that (in addition to our Disney Visa and TA OBC). So the price can be a wash but the re-booking OBC might make it worth it even if the price has gone up if you decide to re-book, but they will not give you the 10% off your previous booked cruise price. When we got back our TA cancelled the opening day reservation.

We also ended up booking a dummy date for 2012 that we intend to move to a 2013 Wonder itinerary so that for 2013 we can get the advantage of both opening day price _and_ the re-booking 10% off discount and the re-booking OBC. That is the only way to get both from what I understand.

Okay, so essentially I'm rebooking. not getting the same room at current rates but a completely new reservation if that's what I choose to do. This is what I'm understanding and I hope I've got that right.

I was planning on taking with me the prices for all my current reservations so that I'd know if I'm getting it cheaper or not so okay. Perhaps I can get a better room while paying around the same costs after discount. That would be worth it for me.

Almost makes my head hurt.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Correct--an onboard rebooking would be a totally new reservation made at the price that is in effect on that day less 10% of the cruise fare price.

Exactly how your original reservation is handled depends on whether or not you used a TA and how cooperative the onboard rebooking agent chooses to be. In any event, it can be canceled after you do the new booking....sometimes that can occur on the ship, sometimes you have to take care of it later.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: