Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
mas6010
Mouseketeer

Help with what months ?

Hi, Would really like to visit Universal this summer. We were thinking July, we have only been there one other time and we stayed at Disney and drove over. That was in August - we bought a one day front of the line pass, good for each ride one time only. It was HOT and that part we didn't like - but we no its Florida and summer. Here is the story- kids are now in Jr. High and High school, I hate to take them out for even 2 or 3 days, so we were thinking that mid to end July would be best. We would be staying on site so I believe that would allow us endless front of the ride access is that right ? What kind of crowd should we expect in July ? How long of line waits ? Second choice would be to pull them out of school for a Friday and a Monday and go over a weekend in Sept. I am guessing that the Sept. trip would be the best as far as crowds - but once again I hate to take them out of school Sept is as late as we could go - do to basketball and the kids WILL NOT miss that. Thanks.
mas6010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Last time I was there was late July. Crowds are fairly heavy but if you are staying onsite with the fast passes you will be fine, hardly any waiting when we were there with the fast passes. However on the other hand if you were not staying on site I probably wouldn't recommend July, due to that being basically peak season, I am not sure, but I think crowds are peak from June through early August, not counting major holidays
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
flfun
Mouseketeer

september (with the exception of labor day weekend) is a slow time at the parks because school is back in session so that would be "my" choice. that said, fotl would make things manageable if you do go in july. its gonna be hot either time so that shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

any chance you can go in june? early june is a lot less crowded. the peak crowds of the summer begin in late june and last til mid to late august. a good tip is to look at closing times and cost of express passes for dates you are considering. the later the parks close and the more an express pass costs, the more crowded they expect it to be. Good Luck!
flfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

July, August and early to mid September are absolutely brutal weather and heat wise. Crowds will not slow up until the end of August so July is still prime summer vacation time. After Labor Day, crowds really die off but with Transformers and Springfield opening this summer at the Studios, crowds will probably stick around later. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
flfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
July, August and early to mid September are absolutely brutal weather and heat wise. Crowds will not slow up until the end of August so July is still prime summer vacation time. After Labor Day, crowds really die off but with Transformers and Springfield opening this summer at the Studios, crowds will probably stick around later. We'll have to wait and see.
good point!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

But it depends on where your from, compared to my state Orlando is down right chilly in July, well almost
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
flfun
Mouseketeer

september (with the exception of labor day weekend) is a slow time at the parks because school is back in session so that would be "my" choice. that said, fotl will make things manageable if you do go in july. its gonna be hot either time so that shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

any chance you can go in june? early june is a lot less crowded. the peak crowds of the summer begin in late june and last til mid to late august. a good tip is to look at closing times and cost of express passes for dates you are considering. the later the parks close and the more an express pass costs, the more crowded it will be. Good Luck!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #8
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

I would choose Sept.

We were there last july and we had a brilliant time.....but wouldn`t choose to go back at this time for several reasons...not the heat though.....we loved that bit Having Unlimited Express is wonderful too with the crowds.

But September is a fantastic time to go

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
SEPTEMBER/OCT 2015 18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN