Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
sb682
DIS Veteran

How early does MK parking open?

We have an ADR for 'Ohana at 7:30 on a day we're going to MK (park opens at 9). We're staying off-site and driving and I'm trying to figure out whether to park at Poly or TTC that morning.

1. How early does MK parking typically open?

2. How strict is security about resort parking for non-resort guests? We always take mid-day breaks, so could we possibly park at Poly for about 5 hours?
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

They will let you park at the Poly for 2 hours to eat or if you pay to valet park you can park all day
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
GoofyinBuffalo
Earning My Ears

My suggestion would be to park at TTC. On a previous trip we had 7:30 ADR to Chef Mickey @ Contemporary. We parked at TTC and because we were there so early we had 1st row parking. We couldn't believe how close we were - we even had to take a picture. Take the monorail to Poly and then take the monorail to MK after your ADR. At the end of day when you want to leave you can just walk to your car after the monorail and not have to wait for a tram.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyinBuffalo View Post
My suggestion would be to park at TTC. On a previous trip we had 7:30 ADR to Chef Mickey @ Contemporary. We parked at TTC and because we were there so early we had 1st row parking. We couldn't believe how close we were - we even had to take a picture. Take the monorail to Poly and then take the monorail to MK after your ADR. At the end of day when you want to leave you can just walk to your car after the monorail and not have to wait for a tram.
Ditto to all of that.

You can see how close TTC and Poly are situated below.
Monorail (Resort Monorail) will let guests disembark just steps from Kona and 'Ohana.

Or, some guests choose to walk the distance.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
GoofyinBuffalo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Ditto to all of that.

You can see how close TTC and Poly are situated below.
Monorail (Resort Monorail) will let guests disembark just steps from Kona and 'Ohana.

Or, some guests choose to walk the distance.

Great map! Looking at it like that it makes sense to just park at TTC and walk to Poly. No need to waste time on the monorail unless you're there early and want a nice quiet ride without the crowds.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

I also recommend parking at TTC. You will probably be close enough to the front to be able to walk to Poly.

If you park at Poly, you will only have three hours to park there unless you use valet parking (though this rule is kind of vague and intermittently enforced).

Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
I also recommend parking at TTC. You will probably be close enough to the front to be able to walk to Poly.

If you park at Poly, you will only have three hours to park there unless you use valet parking (though this rule is kind of vague and intermittently enforced).
One advantage of taking the monorail is that there is a ramp up to the platform at TTC. Then, at the Poly, as I mentioned above, you will be let out on the second floor, very near the Kona and 'Ohana.

If you walk, you must find the rather small elevator at the Poly or walk up (what amounts to) about 2 flights ("flight and a half?") of stairs to get to the restaurants.

Not a deal-changer. Just something to note.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb682 View Post
1. How early does MK parking typically open?
Anybody??
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Anybody??
It will be open any time you arrive.

If there is nobody staffing the parking lot gates, you can just drive on in and park for free.
(This is true in the evenings, as well.)

Old 06-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
sb682
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
It will be open any time you arrive.

If there is nobody staffing the parking lot gates, you can just drive on in and park for free.
(This is true in the evenings, as well.)
Really? I'm just surprised anyone can come in anytime. I would figure Disney would want to get their $14 whenever possible. I searched Google for the answer to my question, and the answer was mostly "It depends", but I frequently saw the time of 7:30 thrown out there. That's not early enough to park and walk to our reservation. But if we can park after 7:00, then we're fine.

We always watch Wishes from the beach, so I'm really familiar with walking back to the TTC from there. Nice, easy walk and the resort is so pretty, so I enjoy it. I would just hate to have to park at Poly and then lose time at MK moving our car. I'll try to park at MK and then walk, then take the resort monorail to MK after breakfast.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: