Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #976
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFriendsCallMeMeg View Post
Do you guys like the preferred king rooms? Should I ask for one of those since it would be a close walk? I know it's silly but I feel like I should be trying to get a king bed since it is our honeymoon., and I know there aren't any royal king rooms.
There also aren't any Royal preferred rooms (all preferred rooms are AB), so you would be requesting a category other than what you booked.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #977
MyFriendsCallMeMeg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
There also aren't any Royal preferred rooms (all preferred rooms are AB), so you would be requesting a category other than what you booked.
You're right. I never even walked by AB during our last trip so I don't know if we would appreciate the theming as much. Maybe I should just try and get a royal room close to the bridge and forget about a king bed. :-)
MyFriendsCallMeMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #978
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFriendsCallMeMeg View Post
Just found this thread a week before my trip! Thank you so much to Venomhatch and andrewilley for keeping this going!

I read the first few posts and I think I have a good idea of what to write, but maybe you can help with the wording or give me some tips. I check in next Monday night for our Disneymoon and our second ever Disney trip! We booked a Royal room because we got a deal on them. We stayed in them last time and loved the theming and the beautiful buildings.

My partner has mobility issues, so close to the bridge/ main building/ buses would be the most help.

Do you guys like the preferred king rooms? Should I ask for one of those since it would be a close walk? I know it's silly but I feel like I should be trying to get a king bed since it is our honeymoon., and I know there aren't any royal king rooms.

Also, I've avoided doing online check-in because of our special requests. Should I check in online now, or does it really matter if I'm faxing in special requests?
I avoid online myself. But you can do it if you want to. Also thanks for the kind comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritna View Post
Non guarantee is correct. When we were there in October we didn't get any of our request. Ending up being the worst experience we ever had. Everything we requested we got opposite. .. (not ground floor) got 1st floor... (mansion building) got ab.
Sometimes they can get lost. I would have loved to try and help. I know sometimes certain room type might be booked and it can happen.

----------

I usually say fax on any day besides Sun and Monday. I usually say fax a day before before them like Friday and Saturday. So if your five days from say Sunday send it to Saturday instead, usually try morning time or at least before 4pm EST.
Venomhatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:55 PM   #979
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Really stupid question....but in this day and age....does the Disney Resorts really pay attention to faxes? Has it really worked to help get special room requests the week before your arrival?

If so, I'm gonna have to hook up my fax machine.
CableKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #980
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
Really stupid question....but in this day and age....does the Disney Resorts really pay attention to faxes? Has it really worked to help get special room requests the week before your arrival?

If so, I'm gonna have to hook up my fax machine.
POR/POFQ do for sure! CBR and CSR mostly do.

Deluxes usually dont.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #981
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
POR/POFQ do for sure! CBR and CSR mostly do.

Deluxes usually dont.
Tx......I have to now run a phone line to my printer

I booked a Standard Rooms.....whatever the lowest priced rooms are. Am I able to request a Standard Room in those Mansion Buildings?

or

Are those considered the "higher end" rooms that have no room Standard Rooms?

I love the decor, the atmosphere and environment.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #982
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Tx......I have to now run a phone line to my printer

I booked a Standard Rooms.....whatever the lowest priced rooms are. Am I able to request a Standard Room in those Mansion Buildings?

or

Are those considered the "higher end" rooms that have no room Standard Rooms?

I love the decor, the atmosphere and environment.
There are standards everywhere there. So if you want a mansion maybe mention that in the fax. If you go to www.portorleans.org you will there there are two mansions with regular standard rooms Arcadia and Magnolia Buildings. The only higher end rooms are like Royal Theme Rooms or Preferred Rooms, but preferred are in AB area near main building.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #983
spritna
Mouseketeer

First off venom we wish you a full and healthy recovery. Back in oct. While we were there i expressed our situation on here and you helped the best you could. We appreciated that. Also back then i questioned the "difficult customer" list i found out we were on cause of resort change and resort request. You avoided that and was just wondering if i could get more info on this "list" and how does one get off of it. Pm me if needed. Tia

spritna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #984
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
There are standards everywhere there. So if you want a mansion maybe mention that in the fax. If you go to www.portorleans.org you will there there are two mansions with regular standard rooms Arcadia and Magnolia Buildings. The only higher end rooms are like Royal Theme Rooms or Preferred Rooms, but preferred are in AB area near main building.
Thanks again Venomhatch.

Any suggestions on a specific Standard Room #s to request for Building 85?

I just got off the phone and put in a Special Request for Building 85 on the ground floor just so that it's closer to the bridge to get to Old Man's Island ( my kids are going to do a lot of swimming at night ).
Old 01-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #985
QueenQuad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Really stupid question....but in this day and age....does the Disney Resorts really pay attention to faxes? Has it really worked to help get special room requests the week before your arrival? If so, I'm gonna have to hook up my fax machine.
When my family went last March I faxed in 5 days prior to our arrival and we were lucky and received a phone call like an hour later! Totally unexpected!!! So yes they do pay attention to faxes!!
QueenQuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:10 PM   #986
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Thanks again Venomhatch.

I just got off the phone and put in a Special Request for Building 85 on the ground floor just so that it's closer to the bridge to get to Old Man's Island ( my kids are going to do a lot of swimming at night ).
Id say with first be the most important first: 8522, 8523, and 8524. Those would be near the quiet pool, laundry, and as close to main bridge you asked.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #987
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks again Venomhatch.

It's really better to not be too specific. What if none of the rooms Venom suggested are available? If you only request a room number, they won't know what a suitable substitute would be. A better idea would be to say what you want (ground floor near bridge) and then give the room numbers Venom suggested as examples of where you'd like to be.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #988
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
It's really better to not be too specific. What if none of the rooms Venom suggested are available? If you only request a room number, they won't know what a suitable substitute would be. A better idea would be to say what you want (ground floor near bridge) and then give the room numbers Venom suggested as examples of where you'd like to be.
That is true, could always follow up the rooms with, "in that area close the main bridge to ol man island." That should help as well.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #989
VLB
Earning My Ears

Hmmm. I just tried sending my fax and it said "delivery failed: no fax machine detected on receiving end." I'm trying to double check the fax number.

UPDATE: I retried a couple of times and it finally went through successfully! It's been years since I have faxed, and I forgot all the glitchiness of wrong numbers, etc! AND I used an online service for the first time!

Fingers crossed for Pixie Dust! If not - this time next week, we should still be settled into a lovely room at POR, getting ready to head to a park!!! I can't wait!

Last edited by VLB; 01-24-2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Update
VLB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: