Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #31
Spwhoney
Mouseketeer

Only a 3 day? Just go. I really doubt your getting money back. Stop stressing over it and go have fun.
Spwhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #32
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Although, close to $5k is a LOT for a 3 day, IMO. Although I don't usually do 3 days and I guess it is summer time.
GatorMomInNC is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #33
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
Although, close to $5k is a LOT for a 3 day, IMO. Although I don't usually do 3 days and I guess it is summer time.
What?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #34
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Any update on what the OP decided to do? I've been worried about them.

It's a hard lesson in trip insurance- so many people think if they purchase insurance they can get their money back for any reason, even if they just change their minds about the trip. NOT TRUE. You really have to read what the insurance is going to cover before you pay for it- I found this out when I booked thru AAA and after everything was paid for mentioned to the TA, "I'm glad I got the insurance since we're going during hurricane season." She told me that the insurance I purchased doesn't cover weather issues! After that I've been a lot more careful.

I like sites like "*****************" because you can compare prices and what the coverage actually offers. Again, I know it's too late for the OP and I really wish them well.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #35
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

I'm subscribing because I would also like to know what they decided, especially since the sail date is Thursday. Hope all is well.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBigKid View Post
I guess I will just have to move it to another date. But what happens if the new cruise date is cheaper. Do I get some type of refund or onboard credit? or is the difference just a loss?
*IF* you are able to move the date, I believe any difference in price would be a credit to your onboard account. I don't believe they will refund it. Really, the only way to answer some of these question is to contact directly - either DCL or Travelocity - I'm not sure if DCL considers Travelocity like a TA and won't deal with the passenger directly, in which case you will have to deal with Travelocity.

We cruised a year-and-a-half ago not long after DH was laid off. We didn't do excursions, primarily stayed onboard (except CC), only a few souvenirs, and it was a fantastic way to get "away" from the everyday stresses at that time.

Good luck whatever you decide!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #37
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Was wondering how the OP made out?
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, disney, orlando, return/refund, unwanted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: