Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #31
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
Just joining your TR! I'd love to have a disneymoon. Can't wait to hear more.
Welcome! We loved our Disneymoon and we were both happy that we went with our instinct in the face of everyone asking "really? Disneyworld? For a honeymoon? But that's for kids!" My parents went to WDW on their honeymoon two months after the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971. They celebrated their 41st wedding anniversary this past December, so we at least had them in our corner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great TR....Congrats on your Disneymoon!
Thanks, hope you will stick around. I know it's been slow going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDogWithEars View Post
Haha, it's okay. Had we been in your situation, I'm sure we would have thought the same thing. We just happened to be one of those poor souls at the DHS bus stop. The day turned out a lot better....but that might be because we spent the afternoon DATW
Ah yes, DATW cures a multitude of ills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
What a great start to your Disneymoon report! I LOVED your alternative trip report titles - I always have to join a report when they make me laugh out loud.

As someone who's eaten early at Tusker House just to beat the crowds to the safari, I will agree that it's a crazy sight to see the MASSIVE crowd that is rushing behind you!

I look forward to the next segment!
Thank you! We had many lol moments on our trip, and I hope they translate in the retelling. Glad to have you aboard for the ride!

Next update coming up!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Day Two, Part Three, October 6, 2012

After our rides on EE and one on Dinosaur, we were ready to slow things down a bit, so we headed towards KS. But, since we had some time on our hands before our FP were up, we stopped to say hello to some friends first!

First, we got some PP pictures taken, and some other people managed to sneak into the pictures.

Then, we met some new friends.

What can I say? I'm a hugger!

Then it was off to the safari! We didn't wait very long at all and we were on our way.

I won't bore you with all of my pictures (most of which aren't that great anyway as it is only a point and shoot.) But here are some of the highlights:

Baby elephants!

Baby rhino!

And...wait for it...the lion...

...walks around!

All in all it was a great first ride on KS. Was it my favorite ride? No, but we did enjoy it. After that it was off to lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue complete with a discount with our TiW card.

Up next, we meet some more friends and spend some time in the "Big Blue World"!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #33
ilovedisneyworld
Mouseketeer

Great trip report! Looking forward to reading more.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #34
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Yay for upgrading to APs! I did so much math to figure out whether or not APs would make sense for my husband and me. We went to WDW with my family in April 2012 and we knew we had our honeymoon in May 2012. We wanted to make sure it made sense, and it definitely did! Instead of using our no-expiration tickets in April, we bought the APs. We loved being able to hop during our honeymoon and not feel so bad if we missed a day or didn't get there super early. We went wherever we wanted to go mainly choosing based on what we wanted to eat, haha. Then we randomly decided to go again in December 2012, so we really got use out of it because we already got our money's worth from the two earlier trips. Haha, of course, now that we don't have any plans until next Feb 2013 (possibly!), we were like, "Uh, let's go back before our APs expire!" Haha. Too bad we have two weddings (our siblings) around the Easter break!

HOW CUTE that Ryan understood it was silly to go to DHS on EMH if you're going to miss it entirely!

Despite what people think about Dinosaur, it is one of my favorite rides! In the darkness, those animatronics look realistic, and I am definitely someone who will get nervous sitting on the outside of the time rover even though I've been on the ride SO many times (and seen a lot of how it works due to riding with someone who used a HUGE light to video record the whole thing).

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #35
SoccerDogWithEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Despite what people think about Dinosaur, it is one of my favorite rides! In the darkness, those animatronics look realistic, and I am definitely someone who will get nervous sitting on the outside of the time rover even though I've been on the ride SO many times (and seen a lot of how it works due to riding with someone who used a HUGE light to video record the whole thing).
I am TERRIFIED of Dinosaur. I've ridden it multiple times and know what will happen, but the realistic dinos coupled with the darkness, and I get the heebie jeebies.
Course, the last time, we broke it. The first half of the ride went fine, and then our Time Rover came to a complete stop for a few seconds, and then when it started back up it was only going about 2 mph. It does make it sort of funny when the guy is screaming "Right! Left! THEY'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!" and here we are just lollygagging right through the ride. They did offer to let us stay on and ride it again, and that time we made it all the way through......to have the ride break 10 feet from the exit platform. We decided not to risk it anymore. Though I will confess, I'm a bit odd in that I've always wanted to evac from a ride in Disney...just to see the back areas!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #36
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDogWithEars View Post
I am TERRIFIED of Dinosaur. I've ridden it multiple times and know what will happen, but the realistic dinos coupled with the darkness, and I get the heebie jeebies.
Course, the last time, we broke it. The first half of the ride went fine, and then our Time Rover came to a complete stop for a few seconds, and then when it started back up it was only going about 2 mph. It does make it sort of funny when the guy is screaming "Right! Left! THEY'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!" and here we are just lollygagging right through the ride. They did offer to let us stay on and ride it again, and that time we made it all the way through......to have the ride break 10 feet from the exit platform. We decided not to risk it anymore. Though I will confess, I'm a bit odd in that I've always wanted to evac from a ride in Disney...just to see the back areas!
OMG, I want to BRIEFLY get stuck on Dinosaur!!! I'd love to see the rides at a standstill or at a slower pace.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: