Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
mickyzzzzz05
DIS Veteran

2 year old granddaughter

I have not found information dealing with (maybe I am not looking in the right place!) We are talking about 4 of us using the dining plan and our granddaughter would be 2 years old at the time of our visit. I see that the child dining plan says 3 to 9 years old. Do we ask to purchase the child's plan or pay out of pocket? I thought that everyone in the room had to have the dining plan though.
mickyzzzzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyzzzzz05 View Post
I have not found information dealing with (maybe I am not looking in the right place!) We are talking about 4 of us using the dining plan and our granddaughter would be 2 years old at the time of our visit. I see that the child dining plan says 3 to 9 years old. Do we ask to purchase the child's plan or pay out of pocket? I thought that everyone in the room had to have the dining plan though.
Yes, everyone in the room must have the same DDP, but the 2 yo is free and could eat off of someone else's plate. If you want her to have her own meal at non-buffet/all you can eat restaurants, you would have to pay OOP for that. With that said, you can "upgrade" her to a 3 yo and pay for the child's DDP, but you would also have to buy a child's park ticket for her. HTH .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
mickyzzzzz05
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your response. So she is welcome to eat off of our plates and if we order something for her we can just pay out of pocket. I just wasn't sure how that worked.
mickyzzzzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: