Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
mattbigd24
Earning My Ears

le chef de France

Planning a trip to go in August and my girlfriend and I are trying le chef de France since neither of us have been there before. Everything looks good on the menu, has anyone eaten there before?
mattbigd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
Andianna
Mouseketeer

My DH and I have eaten there several times and have always enjoyed our meals. It can be a little noises however we like the European cafe like atmosphere.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
4xmom
Mouseketeer

We ate there in Sept and loved it! There 9 of us and everyone got something different and it was fantastic! My favorite was the quiche (which my ds ordered and I stole) and my dessert which was some kind of chocolate mousse and a shot of espresso. I don't see it on the menu know but the waiter offered it to me.
1995-1997:WL 1997:DVC OKW New Home! 1998:OKW 1998:WL 1999:FW Cabin 1999:Contemporary (Honeymoon) 1999:Boardwalk 2000:OKW 2001:OKW (Baby #1's 1st trip) 2002:FW Cabin (Baby #2's 1st trip) 2003:FW Cabin (Baby #3's 1st trip) 2004:FW Cabin (Baby #4's 1st trip) 2005-2008:FW Cabin
2011:Old Key West Grand Villa (Family Reunion)
2013:AKV-Kidani-Sept.14-21

4xmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
summerlady
DIS Veteran

We just had dinner there last Monday and absolutely loved it. One of the best meals we've ever had at Epcot. DH had the beef tenderloin, I had the shrimp and scallops, DGD ordered the mac and cheese. All were very, very good. Love the baguette they bring to the table first off in the white paper bag, very nice touch. Desserts were excellent, service perfect, our server was charming. I was a tiny bit hesitant about keeping this ADR and almost canceled a couple of times due to reviews of poor service and arrogant or rude servers, so glad I kept it. I'm already planning on going back there again on our next trip. Oh, one really nice thing was that I didn't even ask for a window table because we were too tired and hungry to feel like waiting for one, but we were seated at the most perfect location...at the window.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbigd24 View Post
Planning a trip to go in August and my girlfriend and I are trying le chef de France since neither of us have been there before. Everything looks good on the menu, has anyone eaten there before?
My daughter and I had lunch there in January. It was excellent. We had a fantastic waiter named Axel. He overheard us talking about how to make creme brûlée, so he took my daughter over to meet the pastry chef. My daughter got to watch as the chef caramelized the sugar topping. It was delightful!
Old 03-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
We just had dinner there last Monday and absolutely loved it. One of the best meals we've ever had at Epcot. DH had the beef tenderloin, I had the shrimp and scallops, DGD ordered the mac and cheese. All were very, very good. Love the baguette they bring to the table first off in the white paper bag, very nice touch. Desserts were excellent, service perfect, our server was charming. I was a tiny bit hesitant about keeping this ADR and almost canceled a couple of times due to reviews of poor service and arrogant or rude servers, so glad I kept it. I'm already planning on going back there again on our next trip. Oh, one really nice thing was that I didn't even ask for a window table because we were too tired and hungry to feel like waiting for one, but we were seated at the most perfect location...at the window.
We got a window table without requesting it, too! And Belle walked by and waved while we were eating. This was our first meal of that trip, and it really set the tone.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #7
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam31 View Post
We got a window table without requesting it, too! And Belle walked by and waved while we were eating. This was our first meal of that trip, and it really set the tone.
How perfect was that!?

We had lunch at the Coral Reef the next day, and again we didn't request a tank-side table due to extreme hunger and thirst but ta da! that's exactly where we were seated. (I am so homesick for Disney that I've been feeling weepy all day. And to DH's amusement, I am in planning mode for our next trip. ) Coral Reef was another ADR that I contemplated canceling due to poor reviews, but our lunch there was absolutely perfect, including the service.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #8
HollenAngi
Mouseketeer

We ate here in January and was disappointed. May have just been a bad night.
HollenAngi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #9
mattbigd24
Earning My Ears

Hey thanks everyone, these really help! It looks like we are definitely going to try it out. Looked at the menu a few times today and was interested in several things haha
mattbigd24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: