Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Yes, the longest we waited was maybe 30 mins once for Soarin, but the wait times for the big rides were way up there at some points. Arrive early and use fp. Some lines did drop down in the evening. One morning Splash was 110 mins by 11 am, so plan accordingly.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA Rider Matt View Post
I have been here since Sunday 6/30 and crowds have not been anything close to what I expected. Longest I have waited for anything has been 35 minutes for Soarin' between FP use and getting to the parks relatively early/hitting MK favorites late at night (the other night we got Splash, Space, Buzz, Peter Pan all done in the last hour the park was open). I have been here 4 days and have ridden all my favorites twice with the exception of Toy Story Mania, as it was closed much of our last day at DHS. Last day in the parks for about 5 years tomorrow
Sorry about TSM. I never got to go on RnR because it broke down and wasn't up before we left.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #18
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I would suggest end of August through Thanksgiving as low crowd time...but that will be hot as Hades (maybe you can do the water parks though). We went twice in September and LOVED it. DH and I are going in Oct this year (for F&W)...Oct is low crowds and on the cooler side.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeriemouse View Post
Honestly, I just got back and it was fine. I expected a lot worse. We got EVERYTHING done at a leisurely pace, park hopped, had a few early nights and late mornings and the weather, besides a few rain moments, was VERY tolerable. We were even chilly at night sometimes! I come from hot and humid summers, so the weather in FL never really bothers me, but even so, it was pleasant.

The key is getting up early, and using fastpass. We fast-passed all of the big rides, multiple times. And everything else was pretty much walk on. I'm a teacher and have gone at all points of summer - early, mid, late June, July and August. The last week of August is my fave, followed by the last week of June.
I've done the same thing as you when I was younger. Late June, July 4 week (with 7/4 spent in Epcot) and the end of August. But that was back when I was 14, 19 and 22. So that was over 20 years ago.

With my own family we have gone the end of October 2006 (when DS11 was in pre-school) and this past Nov/Dec. I really liked those months better. It's not as hot and the crowds are more manageable compared to the summer. After we did those months, I swore that I would never again go in the summer. I wouldn't mind doing the fall again, but unfortunately, school vacations don't start until Christmas.

We only have between June 15 and December 17 to use the vacation per the vacation bowling league. And after the rough year we just had with DS and 5th grade, we may have to look at going right after school ends. While it would be nice to celebrate both DS's birthday as well as mine in Disney, I'm not looking forward to the heat and crowds

While FP's are a great way to get ahead, you have to get them early or lose out on it. If you get them too early, you have to stick around that area until your FP time, which happened to us on our last trip with RnRC. If you wait, you risk the chance of all FP's being distributed. But that's a risk we all have when using FP.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
nursemelis374
Mouseketeer

We were at Disney from June 20-June 26 and I was preparing for the worst! It was hot and crowded but we were able to do everything we wanted and I would return at this time again. Get there early, use FP and take a break when needed! We took an afternoon break on our MK day and got in so many rides between 930 and 11pm!
Coronado Springs - October 2008
Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge - June 2010
Offsite at WDW - October 2010
Polynesian - October 2011
Grand Californian Concierge Suite - June 2012
Offsite and RPR - June 2013

Disneyland- More times than I could count!
nursemelis374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #21
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Yes, the longest we waited was maybe 30 mins once for Soarin, but the wait times for the big rides were way up there at some points. Arrive early and use fp. Some lines did drop down in the evening. One morning Splash was 110 mins by 11 am, so plan accordingly.
The longest I ever waited on Splash was 75 minutes and that was in the summer and during the first one to two years it was opened. 110 is a long wait, too long for me if it's hot out. Even worse with DS who is ADD and will be in the start of his teens when we go next.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 07-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #22
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Another Question...

On these past two trips we had taken advantage of EMH. On our last trip we waited until EMH to do some of the rides that had long wait times during the day. The lines were so much shorter and definitely worth the wait. How are the crowds during that time period in June? Is it do-able during the summer?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: