Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #31
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Please help me with this..I understand that you can have many photos, however, I am unclear as to the photos..Once we get the CD, are we able to print, order as many photos as we want without paying extra? I am pondering whether I should order it and share the cost with my 2 friends... Thank you for any insight you can give me
What you would do after you get the CD if you want prints is either print them out from your computer, or take the CD to Walgreens, or Target or wherever. Obviously, you will have to pay to have someone else print them out, but it's going to be much cheaper than paying Disney $15 a picture. If you want to split the cost with your friends you can just burn additional copies of the CD so that you'll each have your own copy of all the pictures.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #32
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Ok, thank you..I was thinking that, but, then again, I was thinking that I would have to order photos on the Disney site..I like doing my own photobooks...This makes me happy and I think I can convince the one friend to do this...thank you again...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #33
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

My wife and I have decided to do the PhotoPass+ on our next big trip, and it'll count as one of our souvenirs! We plan on buying it online prior to the trip because it seems less expensive then from what I can see?

We didn't buy any of the PhotoPass pictures from our last trip (just the regular PP cards). We hadn't budgeted it so we couldn't justify spending so much on a print or even a download, but there were many of them we really liked that were really cute!

Also, the majority of our pictures are of one or the other, few of them are of us together except during character greetings. We got a bit more in the habit of seeking out PP Photographers toward the end of the trip so there's a bit more during the last couple of days, but the first few, not many. Also, next time we go, we're taking our friends with us so it'll be a group of 9, and I want group pictures!

Plus, I'm a sucker for ride pictures! I never actually buy them because again, they are overpriced (and that's everywhere, Disney or Six Flags) so it's definitely a plus to have them included in the price. I do all the rides so I'll get myself a bunch of those pictures for sure!
MarieLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #34
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsb View Post
Still trying to decide if we want to do Photopass+. Is it worth the cost? I'm kind of a photo nut and take lots of my own, but it the convenience of having someone else take some would be nice. Do you end up with enough photos to make it worth the price? What to do?
After all I have recently learned about Photo Pass, I would definitely do it, and plan to on my next trip. In groups or families traveling together, you can all prepurchase your PhotoPass together for an even greater value.
WDW_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #35
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

...and we own great cameras ourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW_Diane View Post
After all I have recently learned about Photo Pass, I would definitely do it, and plan to on my next trip. In groups or families traveling together, you can all prepurchase your PhotoPass together for an even greater value.
I should have also mentioned that I plan to do PhotoPass next time even though we own great cameras ourselves and are picture taking nuts. I think I'm looking forward to taking fewer people photos myself and concentrating my efforts on the beautiful scenery there.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
Ranchfly
Earning My Ears

Give the photopass photographer your own camera. They always do it for you.
Ranchfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #37
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchfly View Post
Give the photopass photographer your own camera. They always do it for you.

Yep, I have done that before.... But I'd like to try utilizing PhotoPass to see if I am as pleased with the results as many others are.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #38
mom2two13602
Earning My Ears

Can you get the photo pass card first and then decide if you want to pay for it after? We went last year and used a friend's card when they left, but didn't end up taking enough pics and I still can't see paying that much money for the amount of pics we got
mom2two13602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #39
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2two13602 View Post
Can you get the photo pass card first and then decide if you want to pay for it after?
Sure - the cards cost nothing - when you want to order the pictures, that's when it costs something. The photographers will take pictures with you camera though if you ask them

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #40
mom2two13602
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!
mom2two13602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #41
LittlePoca
Earning My Ears

I personally don't think it's worth it.

If you are doing character meet and greets, there is always a cast member there chaperoning the character, and I've always found them more than willing to take photos of the whole group for us using our own camera.

When touring around the parks, I never see many PP photographers, other than in front of the iconic landmarks (castle, Spaceship Earth, sorcerers hat, Tree of Life), but maybe that's because I've never sought them out.
But again on our last trip, I found that fellow guests were eager to help out if they saw one person standing out taking a photo of the rest of the group. They'd come up and offer to take the photo for us, not take no for an answer!
And we tried to repay the favour if we saw other families looking like they were in the same position. A few times people actually just walked up and asked us if we could take a photo for them, and then in return they took one for us. Something that would only happen at Disney! It was so nice and felt like it really added to the experience and Disney Family atmosphere.
So for us PP seemed pretty pointless.

However if you (like I was at first!) are hesitant about asking people, or trusting strangers with your camera I can see why PP may be a good, if pricey, option.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: