Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #31
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

I've had from nothing to oh my god I'm embarrassed. I've been on my Annv. Multiple years and my BDay once. I have gotten more stuff for annv. than I ever got for BDAY. I know my nephew enjoyed my cupcake at lecellar for my bday, I just wanted my moose and had made no secret of fact from get go.
I think my favorite was time my DH had hand in it and Tony's rolled out "red carpet"
Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

I think it has become more rare since the year they ran the big "What are you celebrating?" campaign. Before that, we got a cupcake with candle delivered by Minnie at Chef Mickeys for DS bday, confetti and card on table at CRT on my bday, and a card and balloons in room for DS when I just said that it was a very special trip for him. However, the last several years nothing at all....DS 18th bday, DS graduation, another bday....I just think that since that promo people celebrating has become the norm and they just can't. Before that, it didn't seem like they asked if you were celebrating, but would note it if you mentioned something in the normal course of conversation.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #33
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

We've had several celebrations in Disneyland and Disney World. On a few occasions we've received small desserts at restaurants, and once or twice a card, but mostly it's just been warm smiles and congratulations or nothing at all. If you want a guarantee that something special will happen, you really have to make it happen yourself.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #34
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
I think the buttons are just to get you excited and put you in the right frame of mind at Disney. There are so many people wearing buttons at restaurants (most of them birthday buttons or 1st time visit buttons).
Get you excited just to let you down. Great concept..."wear these buttons and we won't give a hoot."

Quote:
Why not just put confetti and cupcakes at every table? Then everyone can feel special!

I didn't say that. I think they should treat people equitably with regards to celebrations. It's too all over the place. Unless...it truly is just a freak occurance that anyone gets any acknowledgement or "pixie dust". With regards to the original poster, they had booked six ADRs and got only one acknowledgement out of 6 meals that had notations, and it ended up being the one where her DD wasn't feeling well and didn't make it to the dinner.

Maybe it's just me, but that is a failure in customer service.

Last edited by brertoad; 04-08-2013 at 09:42 PM.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #35
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brertoad View Post
Get you excited just to let you down. Great concept..."wear these buttons and we won't give a hoot."
But the buttons are just buttons aren't they? You get them when you check in and lots of cm's and guests wish you a happy birthday or happy anniversary or whatever your button says and you feel great! Your celebration was acknowledged. I don't understand why someone would feel let down? There is no promise of freebies by wearing a button.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #36
HadesTX
Whoa. Is my hair out?

When we went in 2007 for DD's birthday she got a strawberry shortcake from Trail's End & that was about it.

In 2010 we went for DH's birthday & he got a birthday song on the safari at Animal Kingdom but nothing else.

Both got lots of birthday wishes from CM's & other guests though. They both only wore their buttons on their actual birthdays.

In 2011 we went for our anniversary & had lots of attention... California Grill, Le Cellier, Kona, Artist Point, Crystal Palace, CRT all did something... some did cupcakes, some decorated the table, AP & CG both gave us complimentary drinks. A lot of CM's also stopped us to wish us a Happy Anniversary or to do an anniversary call to Mickey. It was real nice.

The ones that did nothing were Via Napoli, Sci Fi, Ohana & WCC.

We didn't expect anything, so it was always a nice surprise.

WL 12/13
POR 9/11
POR 10/10
CBR 06/07
GF 02/98
Off site 7/87
HadesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #37
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
But the buttons are just buttons aren't they? You get them when you check in and lots of cm's and guests wish you a happy birthday or happy anniversary or whatever your button says and you feel great! Your celebration was acknowledged. I don't understand why someone would feel let down? There is no promise of freebies by wearing a button.
I mentioned in a previous post how my DH and I were treated differently for our birthdays and it was a let down to me. YMMV.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #38
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I didn't say that. I think they should treat people equitably with regards to celebrations. It's too all over the place. Unless...it truly is just a freak occurance that anyone gets any acknowledgement or "pixie dust". With regards to the original poster, they had booked six ADRs and got only one acknowledgement out of 6 meals that had notations, and it ended up being the one where her DD wasn't feeling well and didn't make it to the dinner.

Maybe it's just me, but that is a failure in customer service.
Maybe there are just too many people noting celebrations on their ADRs. People seem to be noting their birthday or other celebration on every single ADR. It seems like overkill to me.

I know Disney sets it up this way by asking you what you will be celebrating but they are only asking, they are not making any promises. Maybe that is misleading to people. But like I said in a pp, you shouldn't rely on pixie dust for your celebrations. Take matters into your own hands. Order dessert, bring a candle and sing happy birthday to your loved ones!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #39
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I mentioned in a previous post how my DH and I were treated differently for our birthdays and it was a let down to me. YMMV.
I reread your pp and it does sound like your husband got some nice pixie dust for his birthday. I do see how you would feel let down. Hopefully you will receive some pixie dust on our next visit!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: