Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
abruc381
Earning My Ears

Bride and Groom Ears

Has anyone experienced any benefits from wearing the bride and groom ears? We are going for our honeymoon in January and I'm trying to decide if we should purchase the ears! Thanks!!
abruc381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

There are no benefits to purchasing the bride and groom ears except that they are fun to wear. We just got back from our wonderful WDW honeymoon and we wore them because we just thought it would be fun. We got a lot of congratulations and special poses for the photopass but other than that nothing very much. We did indicate on our reservation that it was our honeymoon and we got a voicemail from Mickey and Minnie at our resort and a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie and at some of our ADR's we got a slice of cake. Even without all that stuff it will still be a wonderful honeymoon for you both should you decide to buy them!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDanielle85
There are no benefits to purchasing the bride and groom ears except that they are fun to wear. We just got back from our wonderful WDW honeymoon and we wore them because we just thought it would be fun. We got a lot of congratulations and special poses for the photopass but other than that nothing very much. We did indicate on our reservation that it was our honeymoon and we got a voicemail from Mickey and Minnie at our resort and a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie and at some of our ADR's we got a slice of cake. Even without all that stuff it will still be a wonderful honeymoon for you both should you decide to buy them!
We just got back and had an identical experience.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I noticed more people said something than when we just had the pins. I wore mine to a F&W Demo and the host actually called us out and congradulated us during the demonstration. Mickey and Minnie also pointed them out at breakfast at Chef Mickey.
kkbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

My DH and I wore them on our Disneymoon! I have the headband style, and DH has the older version that is the top hat with Mickey ears.

We also just thought it would be fun, but we actually did get a lot of special treatment. That was back in 2005 though.

I have posted about it before. I'll see if I can find the thread...

My BFF is getting married and Disneymooning, too. I made her a bracelet to wear because both of them aren't huge fans of wearing any sort of hat.

If you are just wanting something as a special reminder, a bracelet or something small might be better. The ears do get to be a pain to tote around after a while.

Last edited by DisneyDork712; 11-25-2012 at 01:40 PM.
DisneyDork712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Me & DH did a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon in 2011. When we first checked into the port, we had our ears on (my mom gifted them to us at our E-party)... many guests noticed, and gave their "best wishes" & "congratulations". Once aboard the ship, CM's definitely notice the ears more than the pin, when they announced our names while boarding they mentioned "the newlyweds!" Which was cute

Other than that, DCL already knew we were honeymooning, so we had a special note in our stateroom & little desserts after our dinners.

When we went to WDW for our 1 year anniversary, we wore the Happy Anniversary/Happily Ever After pins. Received a bunch of "congrats" and we received a few "free" fastpasses for EE in AK (coincidence?).
~ ~ ~
You can't really expect perks from purchasing them - They're just great to show off that you're a cute disney freak couple in love

IG: @chloelovesdisney

Last edited by WDWChloe; 11-25-2012 at 08:51 PM.
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wedding ears

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: