Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
dh1964
Earning My Ears

Saratoga Springs Room Requests

Hi , I have a reservation at Saratoga Springs for next year for a studio apartment
What is the best area to be located in whilst staying there, it look absolutly huge
I would ideally like to be not to far from a loction to get drinks etc but also easily accesible to DTD
dh1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

It's not as big as it appears. Congress Park is closest to DTD; it's about a 10 minute walk. From there is about a 5 minute walk to the Carriage House where the store/restaurants/spa is.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

We have stayed in Congress Park with a Downtown Disney view and it was awesome! We also stayed in The Grandstand and we liked it too. The new pool area in The Paddock just opened and it has a great new CS restaurant, zero entry pool and slide! Every area of SSR is great..you can't go wrong! I would request Congress Park I think.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

We've stayed there several times and I always request either CP or GS and we've gotten CP most of the time, GS once and the Paddock once. The only reason I'd request the Paddock now would be if we planned to be at the pool a lot.

And if you get a bldg at the beginning of CP you can also be very close to the Carriage House. The furthest bldg in CP from the main area is probably a 10-12 minute walk..but is closest to DTD.

GS is close to both the Carriage House/main area as well as the boat launch to DTD. We even walked back from DTD (West Side) to GS one night which wasn't too bad (about 15 min). GS also has a neat pool area too with a snack/bar area where you can get drinks.

Many people like the Springs location because it's a very close walk to the Carriage House/main area but it's not as easy to get. The only place I would ask not to be in (this is a personal preference) is Carousel, too far out for me.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
dh1964
Earning My Ears

Thanks all , iit sounds like I will be ok wherever with the exception of Carousel , that looks a really long way away on the map but will ask for Congress Park & hope for the best
dh1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Carousel is not horrible. It is not far from the new pool and pool side counter service at Paddocks and very close to a bus stop.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: