Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
ArRzrbk
The Greatest Thing You Can Learn in Life is to Love and be Loved in Return

Cinderella's Royal Table for Boys? Worth It?

I have been going back and forth out Cinderella's Royal Table. Our boys are age 7 and 9. The cost of the character meal is much higher than I thought it would be. You have to pay in advance. Question...

1.) Would young boys enjoy dining with the princesses?

2.) Is the "experience" worth the high price.

Please let me know. I need to reserve this ASAP, if we are going to do it. Thanks so much.

First Trip "Home" to BCVs for DS #1's 3rd Birthday - April 13 - 17, 2005!
It was truly Disney "Magic!"
ArRzrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
discorsner
DIS Veteran

You might want to try 1900 Park Fare Dinner at the Grand Floridian instead. My boys ages 7 and 10 still enjoy that one because we have seen Cinderella and Prince Charming there as well as the step sisters and evil step mother. The sisters and mothers were a hoot with the boys and they had a blast.

The meal was more affordable and better in my opinion and doesn't need to paid for in advance.

I still get to see Cinderella and do something girly which this mom of two boys doesn't get to do that often! lol.

If you do it have one of the boys tell one of the sisters that she is really pretty (or even prettier than Cinderella). The one made a huge fuss out of this and it was hysterical. She dragged the evil mother over and said that this boy wanted to marry her.... the mom looked him up and down as though she was considering if he was fit for her. It was fuuny.
January 2014 Wilderness Lodge/Disney Dream June/July 2013 Beach Club Villas/ Vero Beach/ Disney Dream January 2013 Disney Wonder November 2012 Boardwalk June 2012 AKV/ Disney Fantasy/ SSR January 2012 Split stay Boardwalk/Grand Floridian September/October 2011 Port Orleans Riverside June/July 2011 Split stay CBR and Beach Club May 2010 First time to Disneyland!!!May 2010 Pop CenturyAugust 2009 Off Property Rental HouseMay 2009 POFQ/ Disney Wonder/ PolynesianMay 2008 Disney Wonder/ All-Star SportsMay 2006 All-Star Movies August 2002 Coronado SpringsMay 2002 Wilderness LodgeJanuary - May 1998 WDW College Program May 1996 Caribbean BeachAugust 1994 Off-Property- 1st trip to the World!
discorsner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

This is not a DVC specific question and is more suited to our Restaurant Board. I will move it over there. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

We've taken our (now) 6-year old DS to Akershus twice and to CRT once (recently), mostly because he has a younger sister who loooves princesses. I would say that without a princess-lover in the mix it's NOT worth it. You are herded around like sheeps, the interaction is brief and the food is OK (definitely overpriced if you don't care about the princesses). Having said that, I think my DS enjoyed those meals. He flirted with the princesses and they gave him at least as much attention as they gave the little girls. He hugged and kissed them and seemed happy during the meals. But, he's never asked to go back and see the princesses again, whereas my DD the princess fan has asked to go back and eat with the princesses. So, that should tell you something!

P.S. - Is the "experience" worth the high price? Definitely only if you have children who love the princesses and MUST see them. Otherwise, there is nothing special about the "experience."

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
The 4 "Quay"balleros
DIS Veteran

We took our boys there in March, they were 5&3. CRT was our fourth character breakfast-CM,CRT&Cape May. CRT is by far our favorite and the boys had their best time there! They loved being in the castle, loved the princesses and LOVED getting the little swords. I would defiantly recommend it!

The 4 "Quay"balleros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

We took my son when he was 4 (and again when he was 5). He didn't know much about the princesses prior to going there. However... he fell. in. love. with Ariel on the first trip. She had a sword fight with him in the dining room, kissed him, took him around the room with her to show other kids how to make their wishes, and came over to see him again before he left. When he was 5, it was a different Ariel who made the same fuss over him. He's in love - actually blushed when she kissed him and spent most of the meal beaming at her autograph (and kiss) in his book.

I guess it all depends on the boy and how much of a flirt they are
Old 07-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
mpetti
DIS Veteran

We have two boys and did it twice. Our last trip in 09 the boys were 11 and 7 and they loved it. They got to take pics with Cindy and they love the extra attention from the pretty ladies. Our trip coming up I wasn't planning on doing it but my oldest now 13 is into the girls big time and wanted to go again and we are on the deluxe dining plan so we are doing it for breakfast and for dinner (first time for dinner). I think if you can afford it you should at least do it once. The breakfast was a big hit with my family they love the food. Enjoy.

Maryann
Old 07-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Mrs K
Mouseketeer

We took our boys to CRT when they were aout those ages because their sister HAD to eat there. They are 20 and 22 now and still talk about how much they hated it. 1900 Park has better food IMHO.

Dixilandings 1994
Poly 1997,'98,'99,'01,'02,'03,'04,'06,'07,'09
Grand Floridian July 2011, Back to the Poly June 2013, Trying the Beach Club March 2014
Mrs K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #9
AngelStitch
Stitch's #1 Fan

We dined in the castle in February with my 7 year old brother. He loved it and thought it was so cool that he received a sword. He took his pictures in the lobby with the knights. We did dinner.

1999 - Port Orleans Riverside * 2005 - Polynesian
2008 - Contemporary * 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2010 - Yacht Club * 2011 - Beach Club & Polynesian
2012 - Disney Wonder - Mexican Riviera * 2012 - Pop! Century
2013 - Pop! Century
100+ trips to Disneyland!!!!
10 days til Epcot sees me again! (:
AngelStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Funny, always one of my boys favorites because it was in the castle. The princesses were great with them, and they were always heavy into castles. Now that they are grown, they love to take the girlfriends and wives back where they ate as kids.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: