Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Enjoying your TR! We were on the same itinerary April 26 - May 4
Old 05-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
KsquaredMomma
Earning My Ears

Day 5: At Sea
To say we were exhausted would be an understatement so day 5 at sea was very much welcomed. We didnít plan on doing a whole lot until the evening when it would be time to party as pirates. We took advantage of a nearly empty Mickey pool this particular morning. After a few hours my oldest son wanted to go back to the Lab so I allowed him to check himself in. I think he most enjoyed the little bit of freedom he was allowed on this ship. Iíd let him go up to his grandparents room, check into the club and check out but only when Iíd give permission. He loved the computer and Wii games and he also met a couple of new friends. The great thing about the childrenís program is that they have periods of ďOpen HouseĒ which allows the parents to come in and participate in activities with their children. When for example the Lab has open house, all of the kids who do not have parents join them are moved to the Club, and vice versa. I thought this was well thought out and regret not taking advantage of open house as much as we should have. I knew that our oldest son loved his freedom and didnít necessarily want mom and dad hanging out with him and his new buddies. As for my 4 year old he broke up with the kids program around day 3. We tried splitting him and his brother up so that he could enjoy the Club (the one for younger kids) but he didnít like that one either and that ended up being the last time he participated in the program. This made me kind of sad because they seem to have some wonderful activities there for kids but it was a vacation for all of us and I didnít want to dump him in there if he wasnít enjoying it.

Now would be a good time to rave about the Wave phones. To have the ability to keep track of my oldest son and reach my parents at anytime, anywhere on the boat was truly a luxury I didnít fully appreciate until midway through the trip. Disney really does think of everything and as a mom, being connected to my child at all times when he wasnít in my presence gave me an added sense of security.

Later on this afternoon we all returned to the room to prepare for Pirate night. We had planned on meeting a few people before dinner. My mom sat in line to wait for Jack Sparrow (again she volunteered lol) and we were near the front of that line. After that we ran into Pirate Mickey in the Atrium.

Our dinner was going to be in Lumiereís this evening. Iíve read some posts about people not particularly happy with Pirate Night in Lumiereís but I have no complaints. I donít feel at all like the experience was lacking due to the non-pirate dťcor of the restaurants. Each table setting had a little Pirate Mickey bandana that I was all to happy about. See, I didnít plan for pirate night like I should have. I didnít realize how big this event was and how many people, adults included, would be all decked out in their pirate gear. I mean it was awesome and some of those costumes were nothing short of fabulous. Next time it will be my mission to come better prepared!!! My husband and I hadnít even packed anything remotely piratey so we had to settle for a couple of black/white striped shirts that we packed on a whim.

Even though we were lacking the full on pirate gear we had a blast at the pirate party. This is the only time our late seating posed a slight issue. By the time we were able to head to deck 9, the goofy pool area was already full of people. All of the tables and chairs on both deck 9 and 10 were taken so we didnít have the best view of the show. It was still awesome though and the finaleÖoh my word! I criedÖ.yes CRIED! There was a dinner buffet in topsiders following the party but we werenít really hungry and headed back to the room.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #19
Schmoopsie Poo!
I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky!

Love your TR! Perfect amount of pictures to keep my attention (LOL!) and just enough writing that I read it! Your boys are adorable! And don't feel AT ALL silly about pictures with the princesses!! You are absolutely NEVER too old to meet them!

Really enjoying it!!
Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2003 ● Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2009 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ February 2011 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ October 2011 ● Magical Bahamas Cruise ~ Summer 2012

A dream's made of magic and music and you. Just have faith, trust, and pixie dust to make it come true! Dreams are as real as you want them to be... Just change your perspective, your point of view: the magic in your dreams is right inside of you!

Our Wonder-ful Mexican Riviera TR!
The "Better Late than Never" Halloween/Sweet Sixteen TR!
Schmoopsie Poo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #20
misslizzy1973
Mouseketeer

I was on the same cruise!!! It was AMAZING!!! Great report!!! Oh, and if you saw a grown women wearing a tiara the WHOLE ENTIRE cruise that was me I also wore a couple of Alabama shirts too. Roll Tide
misslizzy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
redsonja76
Mouseketeer

Great report!!! I'm loving all the pictures, makes me feel like I'm back on the ship.

You are an incredibly beautiful family!!! Congrats on getting into law school, what an accomplishment!!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #22
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Enjoying your TR. We were on this cruise with you! It was amazing. Loved the itinerary, the great weather and being on the Magic again.

Castaway Cay was great fun, wasn't it?! On WDW day we did the same as you. Started at Magic Kingdom - I took an almost identical photo of the park opening ceremony! We went on to Hollywood Studios from there and finished our day at Epcot. The parks were a lot more crowded than we expected also, but it was still a great day!

Looking forward to more of your TR!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Awesome trip report! Not many on new reports on the Magic, so I love reading yours. Can't wait to sail the beauty in a month!

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

I too was on the same cruise. It was perfect weather the entire 8 days. Castaway Cay had nice cool water and everything was plush with all of it's best displayed. We did the Serinity Bay for the whole day and it was never crowded.

At Key West we docked at the Navy Port and were trolley'ed into town. From there we walked about a mile to the Southern Most Point" and took some pictures. We made the walk back and then boarded the trolley back to the ship

WDW day we got off the boat at 8:15 and boarded the bus. We his AK, Epcot, and ended the day with MK. Lines were not bad at all. Waited once for an hour for the new Little Mermaid ride. Road the bus back to the ship and ate at the Topsider Buffet which was open from 9-12pm.

All of the shows during the cruise were exceptional. My only issue is the Villians Tonight show. Have seen it many times and still just despise the plot. I think they could use villians and have a better themed show. It might be my last time to see that show. There are planty of other things to do do on board.

I really like the Magic ship and look forward to the updates. Looking forward to taking my 7th Magic cruise in the not so near future.

Total: 21 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 117 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

MAGIC - 6, WONDER - 5, DREAM - 7, FANTASY - 3
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
I too was on the same cruise. It was perfect weather the entire 8 days. Castaway Cay had nice cool water and everything was plush with all of it's best displayed. We did the Serinity Bay for the whole day and it was never crowded.
We probably saw you at Serenity Bay and didn't even know it. We spent a lot of time there also. This was our first time at Castaway Cay - I loved it! This cruise was possibly my favorite so far (although Alaska was also great)!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #26
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR! We were on your cruise too! We had an awesome time. Can't believe 8 nights went that quickly

We've cruised DCL before and didn't remember the lack of space and chaos trying to see the stage part of the pirate show.

All in all loved the magic and don't have any complaints.
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: