Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #3706
Llebel27
Earning My Ears

Countdown is on...

Can't wait to post pictures of the BWI when we are there is just a couple of days!! Weather is looking good
Old 10-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #3707
wledmonds
Earning My Ears

BWI Photos

I look forward to seeing them. We leave for the BWI in 16 days!!:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #3708
ariane37
DIS Veteran

Finally going back to BWV, just DH and I, for a quick anniversary trip March 5-9 2015 We love it there and haven't stayed since 2012. Very excited

Many trips as a kid with DM, DD, Dsis and Grams** July 1990(off-site)** Oct. 2000(off-site),1st trip with DH** Oct. 2006 (off-site) 1st trip with the boys!**Jan. 2007 (off-site), trip w/ extended family** Nov. 2007 OKW, first time on-site!**Oct. 2010 BWV** Oct. 2011 offsite/SSR** Nov. 2012 BWV** May 2013 POFQ** Feb. 2014 POFQ/AOA LM** Aug. 2014 CSR
Old 10-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #3709
SeaPic
Mouseketeer

Time for a Boardwalk Countdown

I need to add a BWV countdown 'cause we are going next April! I'm so excited. True Confession - I booked a 1BR Standard as soon as I could and eased the DH into it. Now we have the airfare so it's legit!

Old 10-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #3710
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

My first stay!!

So in our quest to try almost every resort at wdw (we don't like the values so we won't stay there again).

It's the Broadwalk's turn.

I pretty excited. We're staying in the villas and since it's a mini family vacation we'll be there for 9 days.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #3711
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

YOUR NEW AND IMPROVED BWI/BWV THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED HERE. The BoardWalk Bulletin, activity calendar and links to all the chapters are in POST 1.

PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THIS THREAD AS IT WILL SOON BE CLOSED.

I HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE NEW THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Hi all! We're back from a fantastic stay at BWI. I'm planning to post a little bit about our stay and some pictures but in the meantime I know some people were asking about the rehab sitch so I wanted to post a couple of pictures of the 3rd floor. If you come off the elevator and go to the left this is what you'll see:

Seems like that whole wing is blocked off for work.

We were down the other end of the hall in a beautifully renovated waterview room. Didn't hear any construction noise where we were. I thought the decor looked much better in person than what I saw in pictures so that was a happy surprise. I really like the stylish/modern updates to the bathroom area.

The only time we noticed the construction was when we ventured down to the elevators, then we saw workers coming out with furniture, demo debris, etc. HTH
Thank you for the update and photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Table of four twenty-somethings at Innkeeper's this morning, one with barefeet and a bathrobe. Duh!
I've never understood this behavior, but I hope you're having a lovely time despite this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Since WDW rarely enforces its dress code (except at V&A's), those who know little about proper attire in a food service area get away with looking like the "Walking Dead"...and barefeet walking on fruit loops isn't an appetizing site.

All the best.
I've only seen this consistently enforced at WL-CL. State law and common sense dictate that footwear be worn into lounge areas, but most CLs don't enforce this rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
So I apologize if this has been answered- but does anyone in fact know when the refurbishment will be complete? We're staying next month, and I think it was initially supposed to be complete by our arrival date. I'm completely confused about what type of room to request- at this rate I'll have a list of requests!
No new end date has been publicized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meower13 View Post
We finally have had our point rental request granted! We are officially booked in for our September honeymoon!
So excited!
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llebel27 View Post
Can't wait to post pictures of the BWI when we are there is just a couple of days!! Weather is looking good
I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariane37 View Post
Finally going back to BWV, just DH and I, for a quick anniversary trip March 5-9 2015 We love it there and haven't stayed since 2012. Very excited
I'll add your dates to POST 1 of the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaPic View Post
I need to add a BWV countdown 'cause we are going next April! I'm so excited. True Confession - I booked a 1BR Standard as soon as I could and eased the DH into it. Now we have the airfare so it's legit!
Oooo very sneaky, but it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
So in our quest to try almost every resort at wdw (we don't like the values so we won't stay there again).

It's the Broadwalk's turn.

I pretty excited. We're staying in the villas and since it's a mini family vacation we'll be there for 9 days.
Yippee and let the planning begin!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 10-25-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:35 AM   #3712
kevin_cambs_uk
Mouseketeer

Hello

Thinking of staying here for 3 nights, but I am curious as to what people want if the want a quick service breakfast, like say Contempo Café at the CR, or Roaring Forks at WL.

Apart from the Bakery I can't see such a venue, unless I am missing something?

Many thanks

Kevin
2002 Ho Jo Maingate West
2003 Carribbean Beach
2004 Forgot where we stayed !
2008 Pop Century
2012 Disneyland Paris for the day !
Old 10-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #3713
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

YOUR NEW AND IMPROVED BWI/BWV THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED HERE. The BoardWalk Bulletin, activity calendar and links to all the chapters are in POST 1.

PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THIS THREAD AS IT WILL SOON BE CLOSED.

I HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE NEW THREAD
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: