Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #706
got2sammies
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 421

Thank you! Yes I plan on sending a fax request.. How soon should I do that? 10 days before check in?
__________________
got2sammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #707
got2sammies
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2sammies View Post
Thank you! Yes I plan on sending a fax request.. How soon should I do that? 10 days before check in?
nevermind I see it in the thread 10-15 days before
__________________
got2sammies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #708
erinkristen04
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah I still did online check in with my faxes and I have had other guests that have had no problems with the fax and online so I say, yes go ahead and do online check in and just leave the request area on the online check in blank.
I've somehow managed to confuse myself here and hoping someone can help clarify for me... If we are hoping for some pixie dust and making room requests, we should do online check in as well as send a fax, but we should only make the requests via fax and not also via online check in? Is there a reason to do one or the other and not both? If so, I'm assuming faxed requests are generally more effective? Just trying to make sure I correctly understand and do everything the way I'm supposed to to help hopefully increase our odds of ending up with a room that fulfills our requests. *fingers crodsed* Thank you in advance for any insight!
erinkristen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #709
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2sammies View Post
Thank you! Yes I plan on sending a fax request.. How soon should I do that? 10 days before check in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2sammies View Post
nevermind I see it in the thread 10-15 days before
Actually I guess I need to check my suggestions again. It is now 5-7 days out. Sorry to take the eagerness and push the date back. But yes 5-7 days before arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkristen04 View Post
I've somehow managed to confuse myself here and hoping someone can help clarify for me... If we are hoping for some pixie dust and making room requests, we should do online check in as well as send a fax, but we should only make the requests via fax and not also via online check in? Is there a reason to do one or the other and not both? If so, I'm assuming faxed requests are generally more effective? Just trying to make sure I correctly understand and do everything the way I'm supposed to to help hopefully increase our odds of ending up with a room that fulfills our requests. *fingers crossed* Thank you in advance for any insight!
You could do online check in as well, but you will want to send a fax if you need specific requests addressed. Anything like special cleaning for allergies, or a wish to announce you will be celebrating something special and would like to hope for something closer to a certain area. Like near a pool but you didn't pay for pool view, so they will try to place you as close to the pool as possible and maybe they throw a little of pixie dust and upgrade you? This will increase your odds and certainly can't hurt you at all to send them in.
Venomhatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #710
erinkristen04
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
You could do online check in as well, but you will want to send a fax if you need specific requests addressed. Anything like special cleaning for allergies, or a wish to announce you will be celebrating something special and would like to hope for something closer to a certain area. Like near a pool but you didn't pay for pool view, so they will try to place you as close to the pool as possible and maybe they throw a little of pixie dust and upgrade you? This will increase your odds and certainly can't hurt you at all to send them in.
Awesome, thank you so much for clarifying that for me! We'll be celebrating our honeymoon so I'll be certain to mention that in our fax.
erinkristen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:26 AM   #711
JilleanG
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1

Getting ready to send my fax in at the end of this week. I have a garden view reservation. I was hoping (in order of priority) to be placed in a building near the west bus stop (since according to portorleans.org it seems to never be one of the last stops on the link and therefore better chance of getting on the bus), near a pool (doesn't matter which one) and a manageable distance to the counter service dining location. It is my husband's first trip in 10 years (he is not a big Disney fan) and I want him to want to come back soon. Any building recommendations? I was thinking 25, 26, or 28? Thanks.
JilleanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #712
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,146

Quote:
Originally Posted by JilleanG View Post
Getting ready to send my fax in at the end of this week. I have a garden view reservation. I was hoping (in order of priority) to be placed in a building near the west bus stop (since according to portorleans.org it seems to never be one of the last stops on the link and therefore better chance of getting on the bus), near a pool (doesn't matter which one) and a manageable distance to the counter service dining location. It is my husband's first trip in 10 years (he is not a big Disney fan) and I want him to want to come back soon. Any building recommendations? I was thinking 25, 26, or 28? Thanks.
I wouldn't make a choice of location based on proximately to a specific bus stop, the system is too variable (and even though West is not the last stop, other than for MK buses it's also not usually the first). And being near to the West depot means a bit of a hike to the main areas... So I think I'd suggest asking for 16/17, which meets your other requests and won't be too far from the South Depot bus stop.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:20 PM   #713
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I wouldn't make a choice of location based on proximately to a specific bus stop, the system is too variable (and even though West is not the last stop, other than for MK buses it's also not usually the first). And being near to the West depot means a bit of a hike to the main areas... So I think I'd suggest asking for 16/17, which meets your other requests and won't be too far from the South Depot bus stop.

Andre
Thank you Andre. I wasn't able to log in fast enough.
Venomhatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #714
Princess_Au
Mouseketeer
 
Princess_Au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 193

I have a couple questions I am hoping some of you can answer.

We will be arriving early Thursday at Riverside (around 11am). I know the check-in isn't until 3pm. Can we go check-in and activate our bands and have everything ready to go for when the room is ready?

Also, where is the boat that takes you to Downtown Disney? Is it near the food court?

TIA!
__________________
Renee, DH, DS(7), DD(4)
Princess_Au is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #715
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 7,668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Au View Post
I have a couple questions I am hoping some of you can answer.

We will be arriving early Thursday at Riverside (around 11am). I know the check-in isn't until 3pm. Can we go check-in and activate our bands and have everything ready to go for when the room is ready?

Also, where is the boat that takes you to Downtown Disney? Is it near the food court?

TIA!
You can check in anytime after the computers switch over to that day's date, which I believe is at 6:00 am. Your room could be ready at 11, however.

The boat dock is behind the main building, which is where the check-in desk, food court and gift shop are located.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #716
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Au View Post
I have a couple questions I am hoping some of you can answer.

We will be arriving early Thursday at Riverside (around 11am). I know the check-in isn't until 3pm. Can we go check-in and activate our bands and have everything ready to go for when the room is ready?

Also, where is the boat that takes you to Downtown Disney? Is it near the food court?

TIA!
Yes you may check in at that time. It may be available, but most likely if it isn't they will ask for a phone number to text you when it is available. But here is the inside info. If they give you a room number, or ask if they don't tell you which one it will be, I would personally check back on your own if they haven't texted you and you are in a hurry to get settled, I room stalk. I will walk by the room or in the area and see if it has been cleaned yet. If it has most likely your MBs will allow you entry to the room.

If you have asked for anything special, like extra cleaning if someone has allergies to dust, or asthma, or any other related health concern you may need more time for them to perform extra cleaning on the room.

As for the boat to DTD, if you stand in the grand foyer that you enter through the main doors. You can look strait ahead of you and see more doors leading to the outside. If you go through them and a little to the right you see the dock where the river taxis pull up and take you to DTD but with a quick stop at FQ.
Venomhatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #717
Princess_Au
Mouseketeer
 
Princess_Au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 193

Thank you for the quick reply Siskaren and Venomhatch!
__________________
Renee, DH, DS(7), DD(4)
Princess_Au is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: