Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Swan & Dolphin parking fees

Thinking of booking our first Swan/Dolphin stay. I only there is a parking fee for these resorts - is that in addition to the resort fee?

Also, do you have to pay for parking at the parks if you have paid for parking at the hotel? I know S/D guests get some park perks (like extra magic hours) so I'm curious if the no additional parking fee at the parks would also apply.
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
patty57
DIS Veteran

Parking fee is in addition to the resort fee. You do not have to pay for parking at the parks.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Parking is an extra fee.
Resort Service Package is $17 + tax per day and includes:

•Unlimited domestic long distance and local calls
•Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities
•In room high-speed Internet access
•2 bottles of water daily

Parking Fee:
Registered Guest ** $15.00 + tax per day $20.00 + tax per day

WDW benefits include: Free park parking, EMH and free park transportation
No ME benefit

I think their extra fees are ridiculous, especially since we drive and would have to pay to park. That's an extra $35 per night:O

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
kermit116

Wow, I thought parking was $17/day. So you pay an extra parking fee + a tax on the parking fee?

Or did you mean an extra $35 fee based on the resort fee + parking fee (17+15+tax on parking)?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
Phlip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit116 View Post
Wow, I thought parking was $17/day. So you pay an extra parking fee + a tax on the parking fee?

Or did you mean an extra $35 fee based on the resort fee + parking fee (17+15+tax on parking)?
Swan/Dolphin charge a parking fee and a resort fee. PP mentioned parking was $15 per day (I think PP meant to say that you can valet for $20 a day, I've never done that though) and the resort fee of $17 per day. Total extra fees on top of the per day room would be $32 plus tax, per day. To me, not a bad deal when compared to what the Disney owned resorts cost. Just remember when comparing to add in the fees.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
rpcvpanama
Mouseketeer

The parking fee is in addition to the resort fee. I also found, lat time that I parked at the Swan that they charge every time you go in and out of the parking lot. I am not sure if that has changed, but when we were there with a car (several years ago) if you left in the morning and came back in the afternoon and then left again you had to pay each time you left the parking area.

Now when we stay at the Swan we just order limo service from MCO that includes a stop at a grocery store. Ends up being cheaper for us all around.
rpcvpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
kermit116

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcvpanama View Post
The parking fee is in addition to the resort fee. I also found, lat time that I parked at the Swan that they charge every time you go in and out of the parking lot. I am not sure if that has changed, but when we were there with a car (several years ago) if you left in the morning and came back in the afternoon and then left again you had to pay each time you left the parking area.

Now when we stay at the Swan we just order limo service from MCO that includes a stop at a grocery store. Ends up being cheaper for us all around.
Wow, that can add up fast! Thanks for the advice. We may only get a car for part of the trip, and actually it might be easier to get a car service like you mentioned.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit116 View Post

For us, we would have to pay for both, so i was adding them together

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: