Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
The_Alice
Xavier Atencio is my hero!

Pirates League

So, anyone have any advice? I am going to take my boys here on our first day in MK and this is new since our last time. Is it worth it? Better times to get it done? Anything I should know before scheduling would be appreciated. I am planning on going there first then hitting POTC right after.
The_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Search this forum - there's a great thread with everything you ever wanted to know about TPL.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
blondinkaya
DIS Veteran

LOVED Pirates League! I signed up dh, both ds, and step-fil when we went in Nov/Dec 2009. It is TOTALLY worth it, we had so much fun! I did schedule the appts for the afternoon, as we did not have hoppers and I really didn't know how long it would take to get them fixed up. My timing worked out perfectly; we enjoyed all the morning rides, did Pirates League, enjoyed the park for a little while afterwards, and then separated so dh and I could have dinner at Narcoossee's and the rest of the family could enjoy HDD.

One thing, though ... That eyeliner is pretty hard to get off! Dh had to use my Oil of Olay wash and a Q-Tip before we headed to Narcoossee's.

There's a lady here who works there, so hopefully she'll chime in. Her name is Berloiz, or something similar (please forgive me!)--I met her when we were there. She's awesome!
blondinkaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
The_Alice
Xavier Atencio is my hero!

Thank you both for the tips! I will utilize the search feature as well!
The_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
sharona
DIS Veteran

One thing on the timing - if you plan on mid day breaks back at the resort for swimming or are going to do a WP in the afternoon - you may wan to keep that in mind and schedule the Pirate thing afterwards.

Paid a bunch for dd to get her face painted like a sparkly butterfly at DTD one morning and then she went in the pool before lunch!
sharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
grizelda
Earning My Ears

I searched "Pirates league" and nothing came up but this thread, can someone explain it more? Sorry. Do they just make you up to look like a pirate?
grizelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Try this thread:

OFFICIAL The Pirates League
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
grizelda
Earning My Ears

Thank you Berlioz!
grizelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Thank you Berlioz,
I have scheduled TPL for my DD7 and her friend (also 7)...but they have a 3 pm appt during a busy day over President's week...I see in your thread that you suggest allowing 90 minutes...does that mean that my daughter will not be able to participate in the pirate parade?

The Whole Gang August 2014 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
Disney Fan Katt
Founding member of the Mickey Moms Club

My 4 year old son did this last week while we were on vacation. He had an amazing time! He was adorable and they did a great job. It was $111 and it included pirate look, a costume with pants, shirt, vest, 'boots', sash, fake teeth, pendant, picture, bandana, hat with capt jack dreds, a beaded headband thing, tatoo, pirate name and sheet, treasure bag, and lots of attention.

We booked the first session in the morning, at 9am. You get to enter the park 1/2 hour before it opens so you can check into the league.

Good luck, we loved it.

December 2012 Ft. Wilderness*January 19-28 CBR and AKL*January 2011 Beach Club Concierge*February 2010 Coronado Springs*November 2009 CBR*February 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian * April 2008 Wilderness Lodge * November 2007 Polynesian
January 2007 Wilderness Lodge * February 2004 Wilderness Lodge * April 2003 Wilderness Lodge* February 2002 Animal Kingdom Concierge * Numerous off property stays since 1976
Disney Fan Katt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: