Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Best Time for Crystal Palace breakfast

We are going to Crystal Palace for breakfast on July 2 (a Saturday, so I am guessing MK will be packed)

We have never eaten at Crystal Palace breakfast.

While I am not a commando in the parks (we often go back to the hotel in the afternoon)...I am an early riser and a rope drop person...

When we did a breakfast on the last trip, we had a 9:30 am (or so) ADR for Donald Safari (when the park opened at 8)...this was great, we had a cliff bar in the room, we got to AK at rope drop, rode the Safari, grabbed a fast pass for something...then ate...then used the fast pass...added bonus is that we didn't eat lunch.

Anyhow, my dilemma is this: Should we eat breakfast at 8:05 at Crystal Palace (park opens at 9) or should we eat at 10:20? Is it worth the experience of getting there before the park opens (even though we may miss rope drop)? I am also worried about lunch...if we eat at 8:05, we will probably want lunch...if we eat at 10:20, we could probably just have a Dole Whip float to tide us over until Ohana at 6:40pm. On the other hand, if we eat an early breakfast, we could leave the park early (1-2pm) when it starts getting super hot and crowded.

Sorry for the long post
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
hsembrick
DIS Veteran

For me I would do the 8:05. Since you are going to be one of the first seatings you should be done by rope drop if not a little after. That time of year I would much rather head back to the hotel and grab a lite lunch then deal with the heat and the crowds!

10:20 could be go though because you could hit up a few rides and grab a few fasspass to use after your meal. Then grab another one before heading to the hotel for a break.

Either way I think you will be good just as long as you utilize fasspasses.

Have fun and Happy Planning!

* 2006 - AKL * 2007 - Off site * 2008 - OKW * 2009 - ASMo
* 2010 - WL * 2011 - POP * Dec 2011 - ASMu

hsembrick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

I would do the later breakfast. Use that first hour and some to hit the rides that you enjoy that don't have fast pass. In addition pick up some fast passes. Usually the first fast pass of the day has a window only 45 minutes out for your next pass, so if you time it right you could pick up two fast passes before your breakfast. Eat your breakfast/brunch use your fast passes and then head out of the park as things get crazy.

You will only need a snack to tide you over to O'hana.

Have FUN!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
ct_chris
Mouseketeer

I would also do the later breakfast. On our recent trip we did a 10am setting at Hollywood and Vine and it allowed us to do TSMM and get ToF FP before the late breakfast.
ct_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
JoePa4Ever
DIS Veteran

CP breakfast is our favorite WDW breakfast - we book it each trip for 8:05 on a non-emh day. It's nice getting in the park early and we've never had a problem being done in time for rope drop.
September 2008 - Pop Century
September 2009 - Pop Century
September 2010 - Pop Century
April 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
December 2011 - Pop Century
September 2012 - Caribbean Beach
September 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
September 2014 - Caribbean Beach
JoePa4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
jjsdad
DIS Veteran

Book 805 all the way. Eat quick ask for the check right when you first sit down and get out by 9 to be at the Fl rope drop and be in Fl 5 mins before the rest of the crowd!

Also get photos In front of the castle alone!

This is a no brainer
jjsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
glk2009
Mouseketeer

Smile 8:05 am!

I vote for the early breakfast.

Being able to walk down a nearly empty Main Street and capture some great photos is worth the early morning.

We've done it every year and it's awesome.

Have a great time!
glk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
blondietink
DIS Veteran

8:05 am. We did that on our last trip in October and had a terrific time. It was magical to get into the park before it opened. Our ADR was at 8:10, so we were able to mingle out in the central hub in front of the castle for several minutes before our time came to eat. It was nice, with the low angle of the sun and especially beautiful. The only other people out there were some WDW management people and they offered to take our picture. We were done eating by 9:30 (we took our time) and even then we were able to walk on rides with no lines, no waiting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: