Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #31
Castle2Castle
Disney Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstaceyuofm View Post
How does a Lost Boys / Neverland theme fit into Adventureland? Answer is, it doesn't! I can't see this happening at all. Any major refurb that has structural (not cosmetic) changes to it might subject it to current ADA laws and I don't think Disney is willing to do that. Cosmetic changes was how the attraction was changed to a Tarzan theme in DL.
Splash Mountain being based on Song of the South isn't really a fit for Frontierland either, yet there it is. Given that flexibility, I think a Lost Boys treehouse could fit well enough into an adventure theme for Disney to consider it if they found foot traffic dwindling, and they could likely do it cosmetically.

I don't know how it's doing on average, but I would expect foot traffic to be what determines the future of the treehouse, as that will be what determines its relevance. Even though Peter Pan is older, the characters and story are more well established across younger generations than is the Swiss Family Robinson, as evidenced by the stong popularity of the Fantasyland attractions and the Tinkerbell character. Connecting it to a story more familiar to younger kids that makes them want to visit would be a good way of increasing foot traffic and thereby freeing up more of the parks for other visitors throughout the day.

It may not happen in the next few years, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were to happen within the next 10-15 years, be it Peter Pan or perhaps some other film with a treehouse connection. Whether it stays Swiss Family or not, though, with the availability to re-theme it and absorb park traffic without really doing much, I don't think the treehouse will be closing for a long, long time.
Castle2Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #32
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstaceyuofm View Post
How does a Lost Boys / Neverland theme fit into Adventureland? Answer is, it doesn't! I can't see this happening at all. Any major refurb that has structural (not cosmetic) changes to it might subject it to current ADA laws and I don't think Disney is willing to do that. Cosmetic changes was how the attraction was changed to a Tarzan theme in DL.

On the outdated front, yes the movie is 53 years old. But the movie was based on a book that was published over 200 years ago! Just because it wasn't on TV last week or has Johnny Depp in it, or totally relevant to your history does not make it irrelevant.

My take is that nothing will happen to this attraction for the foreseeable future.
Not that I care one way or the other, but isn't the entire Peter Pan concept based on adventure? I guess it is already represented in fantasy land so it probably wouldn't be put in twice.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #33
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

The theme is not the main thing. Kids of all ages still enjoy the notion of being able to climb up a big tree. Swiss Family theme is the best match to living in a tree HOUSE. but house stuff or no house stuff, I just want to climb it to the top. Wished it had a rope swing into a good swim hole or a firehouse pole option for a fast trip down, but then again there are lawyers..."KILL THE LAWYER"...best Hook line of the whole movie.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #34
WebmasterCricket
Administrator
I'm what Willis was talkin' about

DISboards Administrator

I'm waiting for them to put in escalators and a snack bar rest stop up top.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: