Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988

Saratoga Springs

Hello everyone! It seems as though we are staying in a 2br villa at Saratoga Springs in November, and it will be our first time staying there. I would love your opinions about the resort, especially the must do's/sees. Would you recommend any of the onsite restaurants? Is it really walking distance too DTD? Also, can you see fireworks? Thanks so much!!!!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,658

I would check out the Saratoga Springs Lovers and Owners Thread here. Tons of great info in the first couple of posts.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466719

Yes, SSR is within walking distance to DTD. However, I have read here on the DIS that starting in August, the path to do that will be closed for some construction being done to DTD. You may want to ask though in the thread I posted.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I would check out the Saratoga Springs Lovers and Owners Thread here. Tons of great info in the first couple of posts.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466719

Yes, SSR is within walking distance to DTD. However, I have read here on the DIS that starting in August, the path to do that will be closed for some construction being done to DTD. You may want to ask though in the thread I posted.
Thank you very much! You were very helpful!!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
gritzel4
Domestic Goddess
 
gritzel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 284

We enjoy our stays at SSR. The kids love spending time at the main pool, doing crafts at Community Hall, and taking the boat to DTD. Hope you have a magical time
__________________
DVC MEMBER 4/04 SSR




Tim Melissa David Megan
gritzel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

We love SSR....always a great time there.
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
TisBit
DIS Veteran
 
TisBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,219

There are two paths to DtD. One is from Congress Park and ends up in the Marketplace. The other is from Grandstand/Treehouse area and arrives in the Westside of DtD. You also have the option of busses or ferry as well. I am not sure if they will allow you to come in/out of the vehicle entrance when they close the path (while jogging one morning, the guard wouldn't let me in because I didn't have my room key...even though there was an open path right around the corner . I only went to that entrance for the extra mileage)
TisBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988

Thank you all for the great info!! Also wondering.... We have stayed in Wilderness Lodge where they had a concierge level with an area of food and drinks. Does anyone know if SSR has it as well? Thank you!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Thank you all for the great info!! Also wondering.... We have stayed in Wilderness Lodge where they had a concierge level with an area of food and drinks. Does anyone know if SSR has it as well? Thank you!
They do not.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
macnodos
DIS FAN
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pa.
Posts: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by TisBit View Post
There are two paths to DtD. One is from Congress Park and ends up in the Marketplace. The other is from Grandstand/Treehouse area and arrives in the Westside of DtD. You also have the option of busses or ferry as well. I am not sure if they will allow you to come in/out of the vehicle entrance when they close the path (while jogging one morning, the guard wouldn't let me in because I didn't have my room key...even though there was an open path right around the corner . I only went to that entrance for the extra mileage)
There is also another way leaving the Springs through the golf course. This way brings you out at Cirque. About a fifteen minute leisurely walk
macnodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
brertoad
DIS Veteran
 
brertoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 1hr from WDW
Posts: 836

Yes, you should check out the main pool, it's very nice.
It's a pretty resort, the buildings a spread out, but from some areas you have nice views of DTD. When we stayed, we could see from Planet Hollywood on the left to Cirque on our right. It seemed pretty quiet where we were, I think we were up on the 3rd floor.
__________________
DVC Member 2012

Me & DH
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.