Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
JenSinMA
Mouseketeer

This is good to know. Thanks for reporting back!

JenSinMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
BoltzNBrew
Mouseketeer

When I put in MK, EMH and put in all the rides and optimize is always tells me to do teacups first, problem is teacups aren't open during emh. Also seems to have us zig zagging all over the park despite saying we want to walk less. Seems like its not quite ready for use.

I think the plans I manually put together are going to work out well, using EMH's and FP's even with the enforcement should be some nice relaxing days for us and still be able to get all we want done in with minimal waits.
BoltzNBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
TwoIfBySea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzNBrew View Post
Also seems to have us zig zagging all over the park despite saying we want to walk less.
I don't know their algorithm, of course, but I think "walk less" still depends on how much waiting time there will be. When I did less zigzagging, I did a LOT more waiting.

But if they don't have EMH right, that's a problem. And they're going to have to totally redo it once the Fastpass rules change, since they always had us returning long past the window.
TwoIfBySea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
eranwolf
Earning My Ears

I have both paid for and honestly I have to tweak either one to my liking. I will go over a few things of each I like and dislike. Keep in mind I travel with a medium sized group which consists of DW, 3 DS (10,6 and 15 months) and both my parents which are late 60's. Nothing against the seniors but some of you don't move like you used to!!

Touring Plans:

Likes -Easier to use
-iPhone app is VERY nice, especially the wait times
-Crowd Tracker (almost worth the price alone)
-Map with numbered attraction order at the top of the plan
-Nice "canned" plans
-Options to add details and custom stops in your plans

Dislike -"Optimizing" a custom plan has you ALL OVER the map
-Cant access the cheat sheets from the iPhone app
-No option for the late return of a FastPass in plans out of the box

Ridemax:

Likes -Optimized plans fit time lines better
-Epcot plan can add a lump 2-5 hour tour of WS eith CW or CCW as one attraction.
-Selection for "runner" to go get FP while rest of group moves on. Can even select which rides "runner" is willing to miss to go get the FP.
-Option to use FP late in plan
-Option to schedule water rides during daylight

Dislikes -No character meeting spots as options
-No custom options on web interface, only on installed version
-No place to store your ADR conf numbers when adding dining
- No smartphone app, only a mobile website

Obviously, there are plenty more likes and dislikes that I am missing but that is just my quick impressions after using both. Honestly, I don't agree 100% with either 'optimized" plan that is created. I feel that Ride Max offers a better timeline and schedules the order of rides better but TP is a lot more customizable and the iPhone app is great.

Obviously, anyone can chime in here because I would like to get other peoples takes on what I am missing.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #20
TwoIfBySea
Mouseketeer

The Ridemax plan was definitely better at first glance than the Touring Plans plan.

Where Touring Plans won for me was that I could bring the plan up on the App while in the park, mark as "done" the things we'd already been to see, and then re-Optimize on the fly.

Also, Ridemax even on the website made it hard to adjust a plan once made, while the Touring Plans one was easy to add and subtract steps from.

Both of them have plusses and minuses and I'm glad I tried both. But the ease of use of the TP app made it the winner for me, even if the actual plan was not quite as good. If I had chosen to go into the park with a printed plan and stick to it, I would have chosen the Ridemax plan.
TwoIfBySea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: