Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #571
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Hi Patti and family from the right coast!

I agree with everything you said, Patti. The Fantasy is BIG, and AWESOME in every way, but it just seems to lack something that I can't quite explain. Karen disagrees, she thinks Fantasy is WAY better than the Magic, and the kids are still carrying on about the AquaDuck. If I could pick the next one it would be a PC on the Wonder or a Southern on the Magic. School won't let that happen for some time though, huh?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #572
reevesinga
Mouseketeer

Hello from Atlanta! We had a great time and enjoyed the ship! Our only 'pea under the mattress' was our room steward, she was not personable at all! We even had to see the DR in the health center twice (DD developed a horrendous cough) and they were phenomenal!!! Interesting input: we had 2 'carnival cruisers' with us that vowed DCL was such a more pleasurable experience! They said it was nice to feel like they mattered to the CM's!
reevesinga is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #573
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CME911 View Post
Hi Patti and family from the right coast!

I agree with everything you said, Patti. The Fantasy is BIG, and AWESOME in every way, but it just seems to lack something that I can't quite explain. Karen disagrees, she thinks Fantasy is WAY better than the Magic, and the kids are still carrying on about the AquaDuck. If I could pick the next one it would be a PC on the Wonder or a Southern on the Magic. School won't let that happen for some time though, huh?
I would really love to do the PC also. But yep, school gets in the way. And I'm not sure that the kids would let me get away with booking that one without them

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #574
Tiggerball
Earning My Ears

We had a great cruise! Our interaction with CMs was good. We had a great team for our dining room service, even our Head Server was constantly around to help and entertain. Our room steward was a little quiet but very helpful when we approached him with some special needs. This was our 2nd DCL cruise, the first being on the Dream which was a lot like this ship. I'm not sure how some passengers missed out on character meet and greets and picture ops because every evening between early dinner and late there were usually so many characters out in the atrium it was hard to choose who to see. We felt like as usual Disney lived up to its reputation of great service..and the unexpected...we even got to see the opening night premier of the Lone Ranger at sea..how awesome was that!
Tiggerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #575
CruizinTigers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerball View Post
We had a great cruise! Our interaction with CMs was good. We had a great team for our dining room service, even our Head Server was constantly around to help and entertain.
Our wait staff were all VERY nice, but nothing spectacular when it came to service. They missed plates, were slow, sometimes didn't bring our coffee until after we finished desert, things like that. Don't get me wrong, they were ok, and very nice, but that's it.

Quote:
Our room steward was a little quiet but very helpful when we approached him with some special needs.
We never saw our room steward. He did keep the room clean and entertained us with his towel animals, but he also never brought our pirate bandanas on Pirate night, and never brought our luggage tags and customs forms. Had to go to Guest Services. C+ for him.

Quote:
I'm not sure how some passengers missed out on character meet and greets and picture ops because every evening between early dinner and late there were usually so many characters out in the atrium it was hard to choose who to see.
Agreed, characters were everywhere... except in the dining rooms. This was our fifth DCL cruise, 3 others on the Magic, one on the Wonder. My memory was that dining was an event. Characters came through. Wait staff were dancing and carrying on. A non-stop party. Also, we always had a character breakfast, which was always a big hit with our family in the past. Not so anymore. Even the parties (sail away, 4th of July, etc.) I found to be a bit ho-hum compared to similar events from past DCL cruises.

We still enjoyed the trip, but might have enjoyed it more if we didn't have such great DCL experiences before to compare it to.
CruizinTigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #576
EcbLovesMickey
Willing to Work for Disney Dollars!!!

I had kind if the same experience. I felt like our cruises on the Dream the staff were so much more interactive. Our wait staff was nice and our room steward was ok, but never had time to talk to anyone. The wait staff seemed to be juggling too many tables and the room steward only said hello in the first night. We rarely saw him after that.

Oh and the rebooking agent acted like we were annoying her asking her to compare two room category prices. She kept sighing and saying ok but not overly helpful.
EcbLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #577
4407mark
Walt's #1 Fan
There's nothing wrong with the TF's hearing...

It was just DW and I on this cruise and we had a wonderful time! Our room hostess was very attentive and we saw her at least twice a day. Our service team was exceptional and we found the other CMs we encountered wonderful as well. I have been blessed with sailing all four Disney ships and have never had a less than exceptional experience. I do believe there is a different 'feel' to the Dream and Fantasy but I believe it is directly related to the size of the ship and the number of guests. We knew this sailing of the Fantasy was full and we knew things would be crowded. I'm sorry others had difficulties or didn't find the same Disney magic.
1972-1998 - Off Property, 1999 - Disney Inst, 2000 - BWV (May), Caribbean Beach (Oct - joined DVC family), 2001 - BWV, 2002 - BWV/4-Day Wonder, AKL, 2003 - CSR/4-Day Wonder (July), BWV (August), BCV for MNSSHP (Oct), 2004 - BWV (June), WL for MVMCP (Dec), 2005 - BWV (Aug), 2006 - BWV (June), 2007 - Beach Club (June), Cruisin' on the Wonder (3rd time), and VWL (June), 2008 - BWV (Aug), 2009 - BWV - Magic - AKV (June) 2011 - Hilton Head (May), BWV and Disney Dream (Dec), 2013 - Hilton Head (May), BLT and Disney Fantasy (June), 2014 - Old Key West (March)
4407mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #578
scottofsdea
Earning My Ears

would someone post the navigator?

I am glad everyone had a great time on the cruise. Would someone consider posting your navigators from the trip so we can glean from your expertise? We are on a Eastern Cruise in two weeks and would love to know the schedule of activities. Thank you in advance....TIA!
scottofsdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #579
owensamo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottofsdea View Post
I am glad everyone had a great time on the cruise. Would someone consider posting your navigators from the trip so we can glean from your expertise? We are on a Eastern Cruise in two weeks and would love to know the schedule of activities. Thank you in advance....TIA!
We have them all, but haven't gotten home yet! I'm sure DH will post them (along with kids menus) sometime this week. Note - it was a July 4th cruise, so activities on that day were very holiday-centric - I'm sure other Eastwrns won't have most of those activities.
owensamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: