Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #91
tjevans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
Why does every thread about NF end up being filled with US cheerleading? NF isn't in US and doesn't have anything to do with US.
Because you have to be wearing Disney-issued blinders to think that NF wasn't built in response to WWOHP/IOA/US.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This is a person with multiple skill sets
tjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #92
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjevans View Post

I don't think many people go on vacations to see restrooms and charging stations.

LOL they should have more charging stations throughout the park..
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #93
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjevans View Post
I don't think many people go on vacations to see restrooms and charging stations.

I can only speak for me and for my family. I visit WDW to escape my reality and return to the nostalgia of my childhood, to reminisce with my DGD about her trips as a little Princess meeting her "friends", and to enjoy seeing her morph from self-consciousness tween to an enchanted girl. As much as I enjoy the attractions, the details that enrich each part of the park are fundamental for me. So, I do go for the restrooms, and I really do love a charging station.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #94
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsJez View Post
I understand when people say its all about personal opinions, and do agree that the detailing is nice.

HOWEVER, wouldn't it have been nice if there could have been detailing AND some decent rides? Go check out HP Land at IoA to see what I mean (or wait a year and see what they've done with Phase 2!)
I think what we are forgetting here is that its Fantasyland, the rides are always going to be "kiddie rides" in this area not big ones. I agree that Disney needs to build some real coasters (like Screaming California at DCA) and I think DHS would be the place to do it BUT I don't think they ever will they don't have any true thrill rides, they have some great fun ones like TOT but nothing that has ever been the biggest fastest, most G force eyc going and (a little sadly) its a market they aren't interested in.
While I agree that US has done much better with how they have spent their expansion money I still think Disneys overall package is better (and we are thrill riders), the value for money just isn't there (at US)...
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #95
StarWarsJez
Mouseketeer

No I too wasn't expecting thrill rides at New Fantasyland, but we're looking at extremes here, THREE YEARS to build simple attractions that could have been done in half the time?

I too love Disney although don't agree with your 'value for money' argument. It will be interesting to see what growth US gets after HP phase 2 opens. I was there last week and IMO it looks incredible - doubly so when you think how quickly it's gone in.

This shouldn't be about extremes, like it's 'either/or'. My frustration with Disney (and it appears many others share the same view is:

1) They're underinvesting in new attractions. New restroom and charging areas are nice but not INSTEAD of new rides. My kids aren't interested that Disney is investing $3bn in wristbands, they want new rides and areas to enjoy.

2) They announce quickly but implement slowly. As above I'm sure it saves them money but how many years to finish fantasyland (with I premier attraction the last to be finished). How long have they been talking about Avatarland? How many years will it really be until we're in a Star Wars land?

I keep saying 'I love Disney' but its sounding like I'm trying to convince myself. When I look at Universal I see how Parks CAN evolve and grow quickly. Then I look at Disney and it feels like they're trying to do it on the cheap. Seriously, if you look back over the past 5 or so years, how little has changed.

I know many people who like me used to visit every year and are now thinking its just not worth it anymore. and that's sad!
StarWarsJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #96
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartRapunzel View Post
My family just got back from WDW. Sadly I couldn't go along because I am a student and still had classes. Although, I am looking forward to going back to WDW after graduation!! I was really excited to hear about the new fantasyland, but according to my family it was nothing but a big disappointment. Does anyone else feel this way? or is my family just crazy?
I'm dad to a DS8, DD6 and DS3. The new Fantasyland was nice but even through there eyes the area they changed into a circus type place was a huge disappointment, they were much more excited when they got to see Mickey, Minnie and Donalds' houses and boat last year before they took them all out.

: Christmas surprise AKL: Jan 2012

dream stay? plus Mom & dad went with us Poly: Jan 2013

Surprise trip for the kids, 1st time waterparks Beach Club Sept 13,
prune1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #97
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

We were at WDW in May and I agree that the theming/detail in the New Fantasyland is wonderful but I think the marketing for the New Fantasyland made it seem like it would be a lot more than what it is. Towards the end of our trip we saw a commercial on tv for the New Fantasyland (we stayed offsite) and my DH said, "Hey why didn't we go to the New Fantasyland?" I replied, "Um, we did". The Storybook Circus area is cute, and Dumbo and the Barnstormer are great but not necessarily "new" attractions. The Little Mermaid ride was very cute too but even my kids agreed that it was very much like the Nemo ride at Epcot. We didn't get to do ETWB and the line for lunch at BOG (even at 11:30) was so long it was scary and we had no luck at all scoring an ADR for dinner. The mine train coaster looks very promising though and we are looking forward to that ride
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: