Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Obsessed View Post
Quick question....what are the temps like out there mid to late Oct.?? What kinda business casual clothes should I be wearing?? I plan on suit during the day, and khakis & dress shirt for evenings.....too dressy or what?
The temps can vary greatly, today was 100+ but by friday will be down to 80. I would bring layers. Khakis and a dress shirt might be a bit much for nightlife, we're a beach town. Nice jeans and a club shirt?

Food challenge - Try Lucha Libre for the Man Vs Food featured Surf 'n Turf burrito!

We have a LOT of great breweries around here. Stone is 2 miles from my house, but we're up in North County, about a half hour drive from downtown. They do have a bottle shop/company store on 30th street south of Balboa Park. There aren't too many places in the Gaslamp that will sell local beers, most are too touristy. A great one that has a huge beer selection is the Yard House on 4th and Broadway. Also, if you want beer and some fresh sea air, take the ferry from downtown to Coronado island and try Coronado Brewing.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014

Last edited by ImDMous; 10-02-2012 at 05:59 PM.
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
Zerosinthecloset
DIS Veteran

I can't remember a time that we visited San Diego that I didn't wear shorts with a long/short sleeve shirt. Sometimes I'll bring a light jacket, but don't usually need it. The bars are close enough together in the Gaslamp that you'll probably just carry a jacket, not put it on bar to bar.

Really though, just check the weather before you go and you'll be fine.
Zerosinthecloset is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDMous View Post
The temps can vary greatly, today was 100+ but by friday will be down to 80. I would bring layers. Khakis and a dress shirt might be a bit much for nightlife, we're a beach town. Nice jeans and a club shirt?

Food challenge - Try Lucha Libre for the Man Vs Food featured Surf 'n Turf burrito!

We have a LOT of great breweries around here. Stone is 2 miles from my house, but we're up in North County, about a half hour drive from downtown. They do have a bottle shop/company store on 30th street south of Balboa Park. There aren't too many places in the Gaslamp that will sell local beers, most are too touristy. A great one that has a huge beer selection is the Yard House on 4th and Broadway. Also, if you want beer and some fresh sea air, take the ferry from downtown to Coronado island and try Coronado Brewing.
Yeah Stone has always been one of my go to beers. It's always Stone or Sam Adams depending on where I can get Stone. One of my favorites are the OAK Barreled Beers, though I do like the arrogant series!

I'm sure I find something to hit up. Being from MA, I can't see myself being cold at all. Looking over temps the average is 60-70, so I CAN get by with a tee and jeans.
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosinthecloset View Post
I can't remember a time that we visited San Diego that I didn't wear shorts with a long/short sleeve shirt. Sometimes I'll bring a light jacket, but don't usually need it. The bars are close enough together in the Gaslamp that you'll probably just carry a jacket, not put it on bar to bar.

Really though, just check the weather before you go and you'll be fine.
Thought the same thing, just wasn't sure if I needed to wear anything fancy like when I go into Boston. Most clubs look down upon anything but "shoes", where basically no "sneakers" are allowed. That and they "prefer" you to wear a button up shirt or polo of some sort.

Me, I'm a jeans and tee through and through so dressing up is not my forte. I don't mind it, but would prefer something WAY more comfortable.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #20
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosinthecloset View Post
Not sure if they have any challenges, but for sheer quantity of food, Hash House a Go Go lays out quite a spread. Not in the Gaslamp, but in Hillcrest, just a short car/bus ride away.

Yes! We discovered this place on trip advisor and were blown away. The portions are insane but the food was really good.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #21
allerobed
Mouseketeer

Went to Hash House a Go Go in Vegas and loved it!! The meatloaf sandwich was unbelievable. I plan to hit up the one in San Diego when I go.
allerobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #22
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

As long as I don't have to eat either onions or mushrooms.....perhaps no tomatoes. I'm game. I'm strictly a meat and potatoes guy, so any challenge with those two.....OR pizza I'm game. LOL
Old 10-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #23
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Getting excited!! I'll be there in a couple days!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #24
Hunnypaw
Encinitas, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by allerobed View Post
Went to Hash House a Go Go in Vegas and loved it!! The meatloaf sandwich was unbelievable. I plan to hit up the one in San Diego when I go.
I am sure you know about the wait to be seat... worth it though!

DIS Dad Club Member #623
Me , DW , DD
________
Nikon D200 | Nikkor 80-200 | Sigma 15mm f-eye
Hunnypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
allerobed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunnypaw

I am sure you know about the wait to be seat... worth it though!
You can call ahead and put your name on the list. I did that one time and the other time I went I slipped the hostess a few dollars and got seated pretty quickly. The food there is so good, the bacon Bloody Mary was great too.
allerobed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: