Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Fit of BBB dresses and prices?? Especially Elsa Parks dress!

Can anyone tell me how the sizing on the dresses in BBB works? I understand they come in 7/8 and 10/12, but am not sure which size would best fit my daughter. She is about 53" tall and on the skinnier side at 58 lbs. I am specifically looking for the fit of the Elsa dress, as this is the one she wants (I'm still waiting for it to come in to stock at the Parks for more than an hour so I can order it to be sent to Dallas, but that's another rant...; I would like to at least get the correct size if I ever do find it!!). Can any of you that have the Elsa dress from the parks or Disney store let me know what size you bought and what height/weight your daughters are? I don't want it to be huge on her (especially the sleeves) but I also don't want her to be practically growing out of it if I get the 7/8). Also what is the retail price of the Parks Elsa dress? I know the shipping will be about $20!! Thank you!
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
andreajanowiak
Mouseketeer

Usually the dresses are sized the same. If you look at dresses on the Disney Store website, there should be a diagram of measurements that goes with each size.
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #3
allysetraskos
Mouseketeer

If you did buy it bigger its alot easier to get it taken in and fitted to her, its not hard to do yourself but if you can't most bridal shops or seamstress shouldn't charge more then like $15 to fit it to her size since its so small.
allysetraskos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
Tiramisu
#1 Gaston Fan

If she wants it to wear now, the 7/8 would be a better choice. I have (under duress) spent itchy, glittery time in the size 10 dresses and I am a grown woman with a 34" bust. I really think the size 10 is closer to a size 14.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Thank you all! I guess I will check out the measurements on the Disney store dresses, but I'm thinking she is in between the sizes there too!! What will probably happen is that I will be gladly taking whatever size that I find that is remotely close to her size! If by some miracle, the Parks have both sizes and I order both, can I return the too big or too small one to the Park when we go in May, or will they both be mine? Any idea on the price of the parks Elsa dress?
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: