Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Last Minute Trip Insurance??

With all of my meticulous planning that I did, I forgot one important deadline...jTrip Insurance!! I could kickmyself

I leave 10/18..... Is there last minute trip insurance out there that I would still be elegible to purchase? I mostly want coverage for acts of nature (weather ), and medical. I know we won't have to cancel due to work, so I'm not really worried about that one. I hope there's someone out there that can direct me. TIA

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
With all of my meticulous planning that I did, I forgot one important deadline...jTrip Insurance!! I could kickmyself

I leave 10/18..... Is there last minute trip insurance out there that I would still be elegible to purchase? I mostly want coverage for acts of nature (weather ), and medical. I know we won't have to cancel due to work, so I'm not really worried about that one. I hope there's someone out there that can direct me. TIA
If you're not worried about pre-existing conditions, I think you can probably find a carrier. If you are, however, if you've already made your last payment, I think you're out of luck. Try calling http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/ . They're quite good.

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
yvonneh
Mouseketeer

http://www.*****************
This is a great easy to navigate website that I use. I always purchase last minute too.
Celebrity Infinity Western Caribbean 11/07
Disney Magic Western Caribbean 10/08
Celebrity Solstice Western Caribbean 09/09
Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 04/10
Celebrity Eclipse Eastern Caribbean 12/11
Disney Dream Bahamas 10/12

Disney Dream Countdown!! 12/09/12
yvonneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Many private companies sell insurance that can be purchased up to the time that you leave on the trip.

While I don't disagree with your decision to purchase, have you investigated whether or not your medical insurance will cover you while on the cruise? Weather issues can happen to anyone, but if DCL can't give you a cruise on the dates booked, they have in the past issues partial refunds for the days missed. My point is to know what you need so you can better evaluate the policies.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
Many private companies sell insurance that can be purchased up to the time that you leave on the trip.

While I don't disagree with your decision to purchase, have you investigated whether or not your medical insurance will cover you while on the cruise? Weather issues can happen to anyone, but if DCL can't give you a cruise on the dates booked, they have in the past issues partial refunds for the days missed. My point is to know what you need so you can better evaluate the policies.
I haven't looked into that. Thanks for the tip. Ill contact my insurance. Glad to know that Disney helps out with weather cancellations.

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonneh
http://www.*****************
This is a great easy to navigate website that I use. I always purchase last minute too.
Thanks! I feel better knowing I still have options AND I'm not the only one!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Yokelridesagain
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this--I typically don't purchase trip insurance, and haven't for cruises in the past, but enough people around me have had the stomach bug recently to make me nervous about it. The sole reason I would be buying trip insurance is for financial protection in the event we were (or would be) denied boarding due to illness.
Yokelridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: