Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

Have you ever used an inflatable mattress in a resort room?

Anyone ever done this is? Is it allowed? Thanks

lilasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
SquirtsMom
Mouseketeer

We've used a twin sized inflatable matress in several resorts - most recently at the Caribbean Beach. We had no problem and would prop the matress up against the wall before leaving the room in the morning so it wasn't in the way when housekeeping came to freshen up the room. Just FYI...we've also used them in the All-Star resorts and the POP Century.
Dec 18-25, 2005 - Nick Hotel & POP (50's)
Oct 4-9, 2006 - ASMo (Herbie)

Aug 10-20, 2007 - ASMu (Jazz)(for DS belated 13th b-day)
Aug 21-28, 2009 - ASMu (Rock & Roll)(for DD early14th b-day)
Dec 26, 2010 thru Jan 3, 2011 - Off-site & POP 50's (for DS 13th b-day)
Mar 24-31, 2012 - ASMu (Jazz)
Jun 16-23, 2013 - CBR

(Me) (DS19) (DD17) (DS15)...occasionally joined by (DD30) and (DSIL31)
SquirtsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

a lot of people have, especially if they drive, and aren't using it to exceed the room limits. Say, they have 2 kids who hate to share a bed..for example.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

We did that this year at POR and it worked great. Just lean it up against the wall during the day for housekeeping. I got a fantastic 16" thick air mattress with a ledge to keep pillows from going over the side, as well as a set of sheets. The resort gave us pillows and a blanket.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
ohiotodds12
Mouseketeer

We fly and still bring them. We have two kids, 18 and 17. We are all VERY tall people so kind of sleep a little sideways on the bed. Husband and I (since we are the ones paying for the room!) each have a bed and the kids take the two mattresses. We have done it in a value and a mod. Housekeeping brings us things to make up both beds (blankets, sheets and a few more pillows). We have never had questions about it and we always do the same thing, lean them up against the wall between the bathroom and the one bed. It really works out great but if someone is a sleep walker, could make for a little crowded floor. We have XL twin air mattresses that are 80 inches long, I do not believe a queen would work anywhere in the standard room.
ohiotodds12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Tink0812
Mouseketeer

We have used the twin sized mattresses on several occasions. On our last trip I believe we even fit two of the twin sized mattresses in a standard room at POFQ and as a previous poster said just prop them up against the wall during the day so mousekeeping can clean!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Used one last month at AoA. Adults have a hard time on the mattresses in the suites.

We propped it against the wall by the couch. It wasn't in the way at all.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #8
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiotodds12 View Post
We fly and still bring them. We have two kids, 18 and 17. We are all VERY tall people so kind of sleep a little sideways on the bed. Husband and I (since we are the ones paying for the room!) each have a bed and the kids take the two mattresses. We have done it in a value and a mod. Housekeeping brings us things to make up both beds (blankets, sheets and a few more pillows). We have never had questions about it and we always do the same thing, lean them up against the wall between the bathroom and the one bed. It really works out great but if someone is a sleep walker, could make for a little crowded floor. We have XL twin air mattresses that are 80 inches long, I do not believe a queen would work anywhere in the standard room.
I'm the short one in my family growing and I read this with joy and understanding of everyone else's pain. I'm glad your whole family figured it out

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
TrentzMom
Earning My Ears

We just returned from AS Sp this afternoon. I was afraid that a full size air mattress would make life a little too snug so I was able to find a kid size cot for DD (9). Worked out very well...just moved the table and chairs in front of the window and put the cot on the wall between the table and tv. No one said a thing and we were able to get extra blankets from the resort. Also didn't have to worry about moving each day because it wasn't in the walking path.
**June 1996 - Contemporary***July 2005 - Off-Site****August 2009 - 10th Anniversary Trip with All the Family @ Saratoga Springs****August 2012 - 13th Anniversary Trip (just the 2 of us) @ All-Star Music****August 2013 - @ All-Star Sports** **December 2013 - Band Trip @ Saratoga Springs (The band stayed at ASMusic)*****August 2014 - 15th Anniversary Trip @ Dolphin******June 2015 - Youth Group Trip @ TBD***

TrentzMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

We used one in January at CBR. It was only a twin mattress, but worked out great! We also fly and brought it with us.
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #11
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Had a twin mattress between the 2 beds in AS Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

We have a queen Aerobed. We've used it in a 1 bedroom BWV and in a room at CSR.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: