DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
thejamester
Earning My Ears

Talking Where are the BEST ROOMS located in AKL Jambo House?

First visit to AKL will be in December in a value studio. Where are the best rooms located for a value studio in AKL? Or should I ask, where are the worst ones?

Any suggestions, pre-planning info., and how to move room, would be helpful. Thanks!

May 2013 Boardwalk Villas
December 2012 Animal Kingdom Jambo House
September 2011 Pop Century The Best Ever with Deluxe Dining Plan
September 2008 Carribean Beach Resort
June 2006

Last edited by thejamester; 03-21-2012 at 04:48 AM.
thejamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Ambassador
DIS Veteran

A Studio implies you are staying in the AKL Villas? Generally, the better rooms have a Savanna View near a feeding station from the third floor. We enjoyed the Arushna Savanna very much.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

All of the Value Studios will be along the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails. DVC will not add a view request to a reservation for a value villa at AKV. Below is a link to the 5th floor of Jambo House.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php
Old 03-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Frankly, I don't think I would care as long as I was fairly close to the lobby, and not in front of one of the people pits.

The lobby area is really neat, and convenient to the shops, restaurants, and overlook areas. As for the savannah, avoid the people pens.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
JohnandKate
Earning My Ears

DVC Stand View Studio - What is BEST room to request?

We are staing at AKV - studio standard view for 5 nites 4/28-5/3. I'm checking in onlien right now and they give me a "special room request" option of picking 2 of the following:

1) Kudo Trail Section
2) 5th Floor
3) Near Transporation

Which, if any, should i choose??? I owuld like room to be somewhat convenient to lobby/Bus...but we want a great view too....

Help!!

Kate
JohnandKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

At Jambo, all of the rooms except concierge are on the 5th floor, so ignore that option. Unless you get one of the partially obstructed savanna view rooms, your standard view will be of the pool. I might request "near transporation" hoping that would put you near the elevators to Mara and the pool.

Good luck and enjoy your trip. For future reference, most of us put in requests with MS at the time of booking, rather than waiting for the on-line check-in.

dgaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
JohnandKate
Earning My Ears

thanks! what is the "Kudo Trail" option? is that also 5th floor?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
JohnandKate
Earning My Ears

ONe more thing: I rented pts from a DVC owner...I requested savanna view...or conceirge level...the person responded tha i should book standard view because standard views were almost always the same or very similiar as savanna views and no sense in spending extra money....they never said anythign about conceirge level so i assumed it wasn't available. so your saying standard view is of the pool...too bad...we were hoping to be able to see animals from our room....sigh...oh well....it will still be fantastic...never been to disney before....

Kate
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandKate View Post
thanks! what is the "Kudo Trail" option? is that also 5th floor?
go back and take another look at the map link that was posted...

and concierge probably wasn't available. standard view is a great deal and there are plenty of places to wander around the resort and look at the animals...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandKate View Post
ONe more thing: I rented pts from a DVC owner...I requested savanna view...or conceirge level...the person responded tha i should book standard view because standard views were almost always the same or very similiar as savanna views and no sense in spending extra money....they never said anythign about conceirge level so i assumed it wasn't available. so your saying standard view is of the pool...too bad...we were hoping to be able to see animals from our room....sigh...oh well....it will still be fantastic...never been to disney before....

Kate
As Humphrey Bogart said when he was told there were no waters in Casablanca, "I was misinformed." Most standard views overlook pool. That is an inferior view in comparison to savanna view rooms. You should not have been told that standard view is just as good as savanna. It definitely is not.

Nevertheless, you do have chance for a possible partial but not that good savanna view room by choosing the Kudo Trail request option. DVD converted a few previously designated savanna rooms there to standard view because of a inferior savanna view (such as overlooking a viewing pit where people come out to view animals). Note your request is not guaranteed.

As to concierge, unless you reserve by going on line exactly 11 months out at 8 a.m. eastern, your chances of getting concierge are slim to none. DVC members who own at a resort can start reserving 11 months out and concierge rooms can be gone within minutes of the 11 month window opening for many times of year. There only 5 2BR lock-offs (which can become 5 1BRs and 5 studios) that are concierge and demand for them is high. Even so, those do not even guarantee you a savanna view since two of those 2BRs face the pool area.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejamester View Post
First visit to AKL will be in December in a value studio. Where are the best rooms located for a value studio in AKL? Or should I ask, where are the worst ones?

Any suggestions, pre-planning info., and how to move room, would be helpful. Thanks!

The BEST value studio IMO is #5122. However, I requested it once and got a pool view room way over on the other side instead. Oh, well-it was just a request, no guarantee. When I made reservations, MS told me that they don't take view requests for value, but requesting a room # was OK. Besides that value studio, I've stayed in about 5 others, all pool view, and they were lovely. But #5122 overlooked the sunset savannah and was super.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
Frankly, I don't think I would care as long as I was fairly close to the lobby, and not in front of one of the people pits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
DVD converted a few previously designated savanna rooms there to standard view because of a inferior savanna view (such as overlooking a viewing pit where people come out to view animals).
They are usually called people pens not "pits". These are not areas where people can come out to view animals. They are fenced-in areas connected to ground-level emergency exits. And they are very flat, not deep holes in the ground!

Tags
akl, jambo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: