Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
lynneb12
Earning My Ears

Excursion Advice - Western Carribean!

Going on the Fantasy March 30-April 6. What excursions can you recommend? I have 2 daughters ages 14 & 9. Thanks!!
lynneb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
BeardedDragons
Earning My Ears

My DS10 and I did the Western last January. Didn't visit Costa Maya (Key West was on the itinerary instead) but did visit Grand Cayman and Cozumel. In Grand Cayman we did the Dolphin Swin and Turtle Farm. In Cozumel we did the Atlantis Submarine excursion. Both of these were through DCL and both were fantastic! Happy to share specifics about either of these if you are interested.

---
Magic ~ Jan 2012 | WDW, Off-site ~ Dec 2011 | WDW, ASMovies ~ Jun 2011 | Wonder ~ Dec 2010 | WDW, ASSports ~ Dec 2010 | Altantis ~ May 2010 | WDW, ASMovies ~ Dec 2009 | WDW, ASMovies ~ May 2008 | WDW, ASMovies ~ May 2007 | WDW, Off-site ~ Feb 1987
BeardedDragons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
cdndisney
Earning My Ears

We did the Island Tour and Stingray City while in Grand Cayman. It was a blast and I would highly reccomend it.
cdndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman was amazing! I would even consider doing it again! In Coasta Maya we did the Chachchoben (i didn't spell that correctly) ruins, and they were super cool!

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
pluto1974
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedDragons View Post
My DS10 and I did the Western last January. Didn't visit Costa Maya (Key West was on the itinerary instead) but did visit Grand Cayman and Cozumel. In Grand Cayman we did the Dolphin Swin and Turtle Farm. In Cozumel we did the Atlantis Submarine excursion. Both of these were through DCL and both were fantastic! Happy to share specifics about either of these if you are interested.
Hi. I've booked the Atlantis submarine at Cozumel for an upcoming disney cruise. I'm glad to hear that it's a good excursion. Do you have any more details? How long were you actually in the sub? Did you see lots under the sea?
pluto1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
waverunner3
Earning My Ears

We are going in a few weeks. We booked the amazing race in cozumel. Heard a lot of good reviews on it. Something different to do besides beach time that we will get at other ports
waverunner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
jodical
Mouseketeer

If you are considering a doplhin excursion in any of the ports let me suggest doing it in Costa Maya. The cost is the lowest of any of the other ports - perhaps it has something to do with the venue being right off the cruise pier - no transporation required. At any rate, my group of 8 had 6 participate in the dolphin Encounter and the other 2 take photos and videos from nearby for free. Many of the other locatons charge a fee - again, maybe transportation is a factor?

We also did the Island Tour in Gran Cayman and the San Gervasio/Discover Mexico Tour in in Cozumel both times with young children 3 & 6 - younger than yours but they enjoyed themselves.

Have fun!

Disney Fantasy Nov. 2012

Trying to decide what our next Disney trip will be...
jodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
goosedwn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodical View Post
If you are considering a doplhin excursion in any of the ports let me suggest doing it in Costa Maya. The cost is the lowest of any of the other ports - perhaps it has something to do with the venue being right off the cruise pier - no transporation required. At any rate, my group of 8 had 6 participate in the dolphin Encounter and the other 2 take photos and videos from nearby for free. Many of the other locatons charge a fee - again, maybe transportation is a factor?

We also did the Island Tour in Gran Cayman and the San Gervasio/Discover Mexico Tour in in Cozumel both times with young children 3 & 6 - younger than yours but they enjoyed themselves.

Have fun!
Can you give more detail about the dolphin excursion that you took? I looked up all the dolphin excursions in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Cozemel and they all have the Dolphin observer excursion. Did you book through Disney? Can you tell me the name of your excursion. Thanks a lot.

Wen
goosedwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #9
goosedwn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodical View Post

Have fun!
Can you give more detail about the dolphin excursion that you took? I looked up all the dolphin excursions in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Cozemel and they all have the Dolphin observer excursion. Did you book through Disney? Can you tell me the name of your excursion. Thanks a lot.

Wen
goosedwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ern+excursions

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ern+excursions
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: