Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Saratoga Goofy
Mouseketeer

Be our guest

Has anyone tried this new restaurant? What's the food like?
Saratoga Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

We were there last week for dinner and thought it was the best meal of the trip! All of us had the strip steak, which was cooked perfectly and very tender. Good fries with an herbed mayo to dip (and I don't even like mayo but this was gooood). I had the lemon raspberry cream puff and deemed it also the best dessert all week...even though it is gluten free, it doesn't taste it. I had too many things that were GF, but this wasn't one!

whogirl'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom
We were there last week for dinner and thought it was the best meal of the trip! All of us had the strip steak, which was cooked perfectly and very tender. Good fries with an herbed mayo to dip (and I don't even like mayo but this was gooood). I had the lemon raspberry cream puff and deemed it also the best dessert all week...even though it is gluten free, it doesn't taste it. I had too many things that were GF, but this wasn't one!
Isn't the steak good? Yummmmmmmmm And that mayo is to die for!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
katt789
DIS Veteran

I've done lunch twice and dinner once. I really enjoy eating here! The atmosphere is obviously amazing, everything about it!

The food is pretty delicious too, dinner was definitely superior to lunch, but that's expected. The pork chop and chicken were both amazing, and the mac and cheese that's the side dish on the pork is the greatest thing ever! Desserts are the same both meals, but the lemon murienge cupcake is do die for!

As for the lunch menu I actually prefer to order from the kids menu, but I'm weird like that!

Here's the chapters from my TR for lunch:

Be Our Guest!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Super yummy! The steak sandwich for lunch is delicious and the steak with the fries and mayo dip is exquisite!!!

[

Last edited by disneyfan888; 03-22-2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Wrong Thread
disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I've done lunch twice and dinner once. I really enjoy eating here! The atmosphere is obviously amazing, everything about it!

The food is pretty delicious too, dinner was definitely superior to lunch, but that's expected. The pork chop and chicken were both amazing, and the mac and cheese that's the side dish on the pork is the greatest thing ever! Desserts are the same both meals, but the lemon murienge cupcake is do die for!

As for the lunch menu I actually prefer to order from the kids menu, but I'm weird like that!

Here's the chapters from my TR for lunch:

Be Our Guest!

Thank you for that it was a great read.

At lunch it's a CS and dinner its a TS correct?
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
gabzee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post

At lunch it's a CS and dinner its a TS correct?
Yes, that is correct! It is a CS for lunch but they have real silverware and plates. It is then transformed into a TS for dinner.

gabzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

We had a great lunch here. Even though it's CS at lunch it almost feels like full service with the silverware and "real" dishes. Servers even bring your food to you so no fumbling with trays. The only thing you get yourself is your drink and there are drink dispensers in each dining room.

It's a beautiful restaurant with unique theming, there's nothing like it in WDW. They did an amazing job. Feel free to check out my review with lots of photos.

Our Magical BOG lunch Experience
Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
jgplimdesign
Under the spell of a very famous mouse. . .

Curious if anyone has had experience/luck in ordering something from the lunch menu during dinner? Specifically the quiche as a veg option over the quinoa ratatouille.
WDW visits: 1974 (age 4), 1976, 1980, 1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, October 2004, October 2005, October 2006, October 2007, March 2009, February/March 2010, October/November 2010, October/November 2011, October/November 2012, May 2013. December 2013
jgplimdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Just ate there last week and it was fabulous!

Hubby and I both seriously enjoyed the Cornish Hen, and the kids really liked their grilled chicken. The fingerling potatoes and veggies were cooked just perfectly! I also thoroughly enjoyed my lemon sorbet and hubby and son loved their desserts too (cream puff and chocolate cupcake).

The atmopshere, service and meeting the Beast was a huge hit! Seems like the best value on property, as prices really are very reasonable.

I have already made a reservation for our summer vacation! Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #11
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

I've found it hit or miss. We had lunch there once during AP preview in November then we had dinner there at the end of January. For lunch we had their steak sandwich which was very chewy and bland (and i'm not a salt user), i thought their croque monsieur was ok but should really just be called a ham and cheese since it didn't have the cheese sauce on the outside like you usually see. For dinner we thought the mussel app was really good. We liked the taste of the salmon dinner. I thought the hen was ok. The overall flavor was a little bland but it was cooked really well. One person had the steak, it was ordered medium rare and came out completely well done. Our server for dinner wasn't the best so they put up with it since we were all well through our meal before we could get her back to the table. The cupcakes were probably the best i've ever had at disney, super moist.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
kris4360
DIS Veteran

We had the steak sandwich for lunch and it was so good. The cupcakes are amazing!
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
Ron from Michigan
Our first Grandchild !!!

We have had lunch here 3 times and dinner once. We have enjoyed it every time. We had dinner there a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic. I had the pork chop and it was really good. Weather it's lunch or dinner you have to try it once.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #14
Jimwaddles
Earning My Ears

mmm I cant wait to try this place.
Jimwaddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #15
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

We were there at the end of February, and loved it. I had the French Onion soup as an appetizer. It was good, except the cheese layer was way too thick. Other than that, it was good.

My DH had the Mussels appetizer and that was TO DIE FOR!! Seriously, the next time we go back, if they'll make that a dinner version, I'd get that.

I had the Scallops and Shrimp for Dinner. They were good, not great, but good. My DH had the Salmon and it was Delish! My brother had the Cornish Hen and he said "it was good". But it's hard to get too much emotion out of him anyway. LOL

My parents had the Strip Steak and they loved it.

We sampled the Strawberry and chocolate cupcakes, and the chocolate cream puff. My fave hands down is the strawberry cheesecake cupcake. It doesn't get any better.

And it was my DS's birthday so they even brought him a little plate of "the grey stuff". That was cute.

Overall, it was great and I can't wait to go back.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: