Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
kailuagirl
DIS Veteran

Snow on Main Street

In case you are interested, we watched the fireworks from 3 different spots on main street last week and if you want lots of snow, we found the best spot was at the corner near the red corn dog wagon near the curb, it was awesome!! It was actually just off the road, up on the curb near a curved railing. So fun!!

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/lhd78u4sn0vmf5ry.png[/img][/link]
kailuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
MinnieMama09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailuagirl View Post
In case you are interested, we watched the fireworks from 3 different spots on main street last week and if you want lots of snow, we found the best spot was at the corner near the red corn dog wagon near the curb, it was awesome!! It was actually just off the road, up on the curb near a curved railing. So fun!!
Thank you, we'll be looking for it! That's all my DS keeps talking about...so excited to see snow! Yes, we're from Phoenix!
MinnieMama09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

If you want to be by the snow, look up at the towers around the Hub. You can see the machines. However, I would not stand directly under/next to one of them as you will get a LOT of "snoap" on you.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
Mexikolla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailuagirl View Post

By accident we stood in this same spot last week and it was a pretty fab spot! We just happened to be standing in that general area waiting for my husband to get back with our coffee and right when he got back the snow started so we stood out in the street a bit. Perfect spot for the snow/castle lighting/fireworks. Most of the crowd seemed to be concentrated in the center of main street.

Dreams is right, you can spot the snow machines, just look at your map where the snowflakes are to give you an idea of where to start looking up for the machines.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's snoap anymore. I think it might actually be SNOW. Most of it seamed to melt before it hit the ground and from the couple "flakes" my husband and I were able to catch in our hand, (and my daughter with her tongue) it seamed like a definite upgrade from previous years.

Oh and no snoap spots on our clothes like two years ago.

Pass Holders since November 2009 Disneyland trips so far -1980, 1984, 10/2008, 11/2009, 04/2010, 11/2010, 01/2011, 10/2011, and..... 11/2011!
-Me -Hubby -OCT2004 -OCT2004-MAR2006 -OCT2010
Mexikolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Funball
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexikolla View Post
By accident we stood in this same spot last week and it was a pretty fab spot! We just happened to be standing in that general area waiting for my husband to get back with our coffee and right when he got back the snow started so we stood out in the street a bit. Perfect spot for the snow/castle lighting/fireworks. Most of the crowd seemed to be concentrated in the center of main street.

Dreams is right, you can spot the snow machines, just look at your map where the snowflakes are to give you an idea of where to start looking up for the machines.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's snoap anymore. I think it might actually be SNOW. Most of it seamed to melt before it hit the ground and from the couple "flakes" my husband and I were able to catch in our hand, (and my daughter with her tongue) it seamed like a definite upgrade from previous years.

Oh and no snoap spots on our clothes like two years ago.

I don’t; want to kill the magic, so if there is any little kids present tell them to leave the room before you read this…

But the “snoap” is still “snoap”, the bubbles are manufactured so tiny to look like snow, but it still non toxic soap! So try standing under one, that is fun experience!
Funball is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: