Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #31
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

I didn't read all the comments, but you can always go to youtube and see if there are any videos there. It's really all in good fun, and they're pretty good at judging how into it you are.
JoShan1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:35 AM   #32
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I loved reading all the responses to your post OP. It really gets me excited that we're dining there in Sept. We try to eat there every trip because we love the food and the craziness. Even the decor is fun! If you like milkshakes, be sure to order one...the best I've ever had! Enjoy!
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #33
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Wants to be the #1 WPASADI!
Won't beg for a tag but will rewrite disco songs!
Eating chocolate is a good cure for anything and everything!

We went BC (before children) when my DH had long hair. On his way back from the bathroom a server stopped him and yelled "What did you do with the money I gave you to get a haircut?". Funny!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #34
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

We love the 50s Prime Time. The first time we went, youngest DD was 4....the waitress yelled at my DH for having his elbows on the table, "pulled" him up by his ear and made him stand in the corner. My DD was so scared she was going to get in trouble she cleaned her plate without a peep...we loved it!

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #35
disgirl
DIS Veteran

Dh, Ds and myself always make it a must do either for lunch or dinner every trip. We love it. However, if you do not like to bothered during your meal then as others have stated here, then this is not the place to eat.

We personally love to have interaction with our waiter/waitress. There is one particular waitress, for some reason only my son (not here as I write this) remembers her name, who is really fun. She loves to give you a hard time about not eating all your food or just silly stuff. My DH loves to play along with her and was trying to hide his greens one time and was told to stand against the wall with a sugar pack against his nose for a few minutes because she caught him. Of course, this amused everyone near us. DH had a good time with it and played along.

As others said, yes, they all seem to say you need to eat your vegetables, but we have substituted our greens for other vegetables that we like better. I think DS even asked for french fries instead once. I am sure she had a few comments, but he got them. and we probably just paid for them. I am sure you will be fine if you really do not eat all your vegetables, but certainly ask to replace the greens if you know you can not eat them.

I think it is worth trying once and who knows, maybe you will get hooked, like us. Enjoy!!
disgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #36
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

The Pot Roast and Fried Chicken are worth any amount of embarrassement you may have to suffer! If you're really straight laced and shy, make sure you clean your plate and keep your elbows off the table, or else,!

P.S. Pay attention to the color of the soap in the bathroom!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #37
Edgehopper
Mouseketeer

You can always avoid embarrassment by behaving! After seeing a mom forced to stand in a timeout with here nose against the wall, and a dad called out and forced to eat a few more bites of vegetables, ate my collard greens despite the fact that I generally hate vegetables. We're taking it as a lesson for when we have kids--public shame works!
Edgehopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #38
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

MIL was adorable..when we dined at 50's PT. I have never seen, that little woman (4'10") EAT SO MUCH!! She followed EVERY RULE.

I was a little concerned, we wouldn't have enough interaction, so I asked our server, "are you my cousin..on my mama or daddy's side.." Thankfully, he took my cue.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #39
prfctlyximprfct
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for your replies! I'm excited to try something new this trip! Trying to do a couple old favorites, but I will definitely try 50's Prime Time Cafe thanks to my trusted DisBoarders!

prfctlyximprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #40
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Has anyone ever turned the tables on a server? Called them a whippersnapper and threatened to tell their Korean war stories or something?

I mean not just telling them they didn't want to play, but didn't take the role of being talked down to?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: