Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Shades of Green and Undercover Tourist ticket prices

Does anyone know if the Shades of Green ticket prices typically increase by the same percentage as the regular MYW tickets? Usually, it's more cost effective for us to go to SOG when we arrive at WDW to buy our tickets. However, with the price increase coming tomorrow, it looks like Undercover Tourist might be the better deal. The price increase is greater than the SOG military discount.

Can someone please check my math for me?

We need 8-day hoppers. They are increasing in price from $306 to $330, pre-tax. That's about a 7.85% increase.

The SOG 8-day hopper is currently $301, and is tax free. If it goes up by the same 7.85%, the new SOG price would be around $325. It would be better to wait and buy the SOG ticket, even at the higher price, than to purchase directly from Disney today (to beat the 12 June price increase). But it would not be cheaper than the price currently being charged by Undercover Tourist w/ the Mousesavers Discount.

Price to buy today directly from Disney: $325.89
Price to buy tomorrow directly from Disney: $351.45
Price at SOG if I could get there today, which I can't: $301.00
Probable price to buy in August at SOG: $325.00
Price to buy from UCT w/ Mousesavers discount today: $308.95

Looks like I'll be buying directly from the UCT web site tonight.

Anyone see any flaws in this logic? Thanks!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

No, your theory seems correct. SOG MYW price is, basically, the Disney MYW ticket price minus sales tax. Did you consider the AFS PH tickets? You could use 2 tickets each, for 8 days each, and that would cost ($138x2) $276.

I know you can only purchase 6 AFS tickets in a transaction, but that would cover 8 PH days for 3 people. Disney currently has no limit on number of transactions or max tickets per family. Per Cheshire Figment, the DISboard WDW Ticket expert, 'Disney has added (on June 8, 2011) to the internal rules: "Guests may participate in this offer as often as they wish as long as no more than six (6) tickets are sold in each transaction." But it still limits activation by a spouse to five tickets; to activate six tickets the service member must be present.' http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=17

I am not sure that SOG would also have this unlimited AFS offer. This may just be available thru Disney ticketing, and subject to tax ($276 x 6.5% tax) $293.94. Still less than any other ticket source for 8-day PHs.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
Did you consider the AFS PH tickets?
I'm a Navy vet and a current DOD civil servant. I qualify for SOG rooms and their regular tickets, but not the AFS offer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: