DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2003, 05:39 PM   #1
lovwdwalot
Mouseketeer

How many really pool hop?

With all the talk about SSR not allowing pool hopping, I was wondering how many people really do pool hop? I know the DW & DD & I never have time to go to the other resorts to swin, even when we are at WDW for 7 days. Is it possible that pool hopping is not a big deal for alot of DVC members.
lovwdwalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:59 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

We've never pool hopped and I can't imagine that we ever will. Unless we are traveling with my youngest brother's family (which includes two small boys), we don't even use the resort's pools.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
WDWguru
aka tivogirl, keeper of the live WDW webcams at http://dislive.tivogirl.com

I posted a poll on this issue back in June. Click here for the results, or to vote.
WDWguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:13 PM   #4
lovwdwalot
Mouseketeer

Thanks WDWguru for the poll that you had posted in June, I just find it funny that some people make such a big deal on pool hopping and from the looks of your poll not many people do go hopping!
lovwdwalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:24 PM   #5
JimC
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

We enjoy the pools at the resort we are staying. When we visit other resorts during a trip, it is to enjoy the theming, meals or boating.

If I was going to travel elsewhere to swim I would use a water park.
WDW - All Star Movies (Fantasia), Animal Kingdom Lodge (3), Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House-2, Kidani Village-6), Bay Lake Towers (7), Beach Club, Beach Club Villas (8), Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary (2), Caribbean Beach (Aruba-2, Jamaica-2), Coronado Springs (Casitas-3), Dixie Landings (Bayou), Disney Institute (Villas-3), Grand Floridian (Sago Cay), Old Key West (5), Polynesian (Figi), Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs (Carousel, Congress Park, Grandstand-2, Paddock, Springs, Treehouse Villas), Villas at Grand Floridian, Villas at Wilderness Lodge (5), Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Other (Cypress Harbour-6, Doubletree Castle, Renaissance WorldGate, Village [Royal Plaza, Pickett Suite])
DCL - Dream (2/11 4, 10/11 3, 2/12 4, 5/13 4, 5/14 4), Fantasy (11/13 Eastern, 10/14 Western), Magic (6/99 4, 5/05 Panama Canal, 9/08 5, 11/10 Eastern, 10/11 Western), Wonder (12/06 4, 9/09 4, 5/12 Alaska)
DL - Grand Californian (4), Villas Grand Californian (3), Marriott
Other DVC - Hilton Head, Vero Beach (6)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:31 PM   #6
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

Before the BCV's were built and we were staying at the BWV, we would walk over to SAB and pool hop to there. Now that we no longer can do that, we no longer pool hop. We bought at the BCV so we could continue using SAB from time to time.

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Happy Birthday Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:12 PM   #7
crisi
DIS Veteran

Our first trip home was very recently while the BW pool slide was closed and they allowed us to hop over to SAB. We gave it a try to check out the pool and see if we'd want to stay over there (as the reason to try and get into BCV in my mind is the pool). Cool pool. But we only hopped once and I don't think we'd do so again.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:22 PM   #8
Mickey527
DIS Veteran

I pool hopped once but it was so much trouble to drag the suits all over, and change out of the wet suits in the bathroom that I never did it again. It is so much easier to just go up to your room and shower before changing into clean clothing. But we wanted to check out the new Poly pool. I didn't like to, too crowded and small.
I plan my trips according to who will be with me. I don't swim, just get into the pool to cool off and relax so the pools are no biggie to me but I prefer my home resort quiet pool at WLV.
When I brought my family we stayed at BCV so they could experience SAB.
My boys love the pools at OKW. they are very quiet, usually they are the only ones there.
And as I stated before, if I am going with my friend we stay at WLV because I prefer the pool there. Peggie
Old 10-31-2003, 07:31 PM   #9
Richyams
A man, A legend, A way of life...

We've never pool hopped and I can't imagine that we ever will.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:35 PM   #10
colleen costello
Is in a "just back from OKW and why can't I live there all the time?" depression

We like to swim at the Polynesian. We always rent boats there and eat lunch, and in the middle of all that, we swim for perhaps one hour. I doubt that we are causing the pool to burst with over-capacity. We really enjoy this privelege, though, and would be sad if it was taken away. If they made DVC at the Poly, I'd be right there!
colleen costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 07:51 PM   #11
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

We have only pool hopped once from BWV to SAB just before BCV's opened. Really do not plan on it again. We've better things to do in the Orlando/WDW area than to pool hop at WDW resorts.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:03 PM   #12
donald@home
Mouseketeer

We pool hop once in a while. We combine the "hopping" with other activities, like Animal Kingdom in the morning followed by a "hop" to Coronado Springs for an hour or two on the way back to our home resort. We never leave our home resort just to pool hop.
donald@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:43 PM   #13
Nick@ VB+OKW
Registered

If we want to "pool hop"...........we go to "Blizzard Beach".
Nick@ VB+OKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:46 PM   #14
timC
DVC Member at BWV

Once... We pool hopped to SAB. It was the month before they removed it from the list. Our one and only great pool hop adventure in 4 years.

I do regularly plan a pool hop day, but always end up at a putt-putt golf, or rent a boat, or DtD.

Honestly, if we want a big pool hop adventure we usually just go to TL.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:58 PM   #15
Granny

Is a REAL man!

We have pool hopped a couple of times. With our de-emphasis on commando touring in the parks, we find that doing things like pool hopping is a nice way to visit other resorts that we've never stayed at.

It wouldn't crush us if they ended it, but it's a nice, no cost perk for DVC members to get.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Granny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: