Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 09:25 PM   #1
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

The 100% Original POFQ FAQ

WELCOME TO THE PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER FAQ

POFQ will reopen March 21, 2004

Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
2201 Orleans Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
(407) 934-4000
fax- (407) 034-5353

Port Orleans French Quarter was originally called Port Orleans, but since the merge with the former Dixie Landings, has taken the name of POFQ. All of the guest facilities available at the Riverside may be used by guests staying at the French Quarter.

How do I make a reservation at POFQ?
You can make a reservation by calling 407-WDisney or by visiting Disneyworld.com. You may also contact your personal travel agent for all your Disney vacation needs.

Where is POFQ located?
POFQ is located in the Downtown Disney Area.

What is the theming of POFQ?
POFQ is themed like New Orleans, but with Disney mixed in. Think Mardi Gras, but with Disney flair. It is laid out like the French Quarter in New Orleans, with cobblestone streets laid out in a grid pattern. Ornate decorations, railings, and beautiful flowers abound at the beautiful resort. The French Quarter is laid out against the beautiful Sassagoula River

What time can I check in?
Check in time is 3:00 pm and check-out time is 11:00 am. Late checkout may be requested.

What type of rooms are available?
There are two type of views available. Water view includes views of the Sassagoula River or the pools. Standard view includes views of the landscaping, courtyard, and parking lot. Most rooms are equipped with two double beds, though a limited number of kind beds are available, at a higher rate. You can view floor plans by clicking here.

Are there smoking rooms available?
Yes the smoking buildings are 2,4, and the top two floors of 6.

What kind of transportation options are available?
The main type of transportation that is available is the bus. The bus will take you to all 4 major Disney parks and water parks. To get to Downtown Disney, a wonderful boat ride down the Sassagoula River is available at night. All transportation is shared with Port Orleans Riverside. To get to POR, you can walk, take the shuttle boat, or shuttle bus.

What are the dining options available at POFQ?
Only one dining option is available at the French Quarter side of the Port Orleans resort. Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory is a food court with Mardi Gras type decorations. Sassagoula is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is classified as a quick-service restaurant. For a menu please
click here (courtesy of wdwinfo.com).
There is also a full-service restaurant available at Port Orleans Riverside called Boatwright's Dining Hall. You can make priority seating for Boatwright's by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Boatwright's is open for breakfast and dinner.
There is also a pool bar at the French Quarter. It is called Mardi Grog's and is located poolside. At Riverside, there is an indoor bar/lounge called River Roost. The River Roost lounge offers alcoholic beverages, appetizers, and light entertainment in the evening.

Where can I see new pictures of POFQ?
You can see new pictures at allearsnet by clicking here

Last edited by IloveDMB; 03-19-2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:38 PM   #2
edcrbnsoul
Don't let a bag of Poo become your Big Fork and Spoon

Ok I'll start and yes I did the typing with my own two hands:

Okay here is a rookie shot: Please correct me if info is wrong

Q:Which building is closest to the Bus Stop?
A: Building 4

Q:Which building is closest to the pool?
A: The pool is between 5 and 2

Q:Are there Laundry Facilites?
A: A laundry room is located outside of Building 5 near the pool.

Q:What Restaurants are on property?
A: There is a food court style Restaurant called Sassagoula Float Works There is also a lounge Scat Cats 440 pm till 1230 am, The Pool bar 12 noon till 10pm

Q:Are there refrigerators/coffee makers in the room?
A: Refrigerators are avaliable in the rooms/YES! coffee makers. you get 2 bags of coffee one reg and decaf.

Q:Which building have smoking rooms?
A: None now, the Dinsey Resorts have gone non-smoking, but they do have designated outdoor areas where you can smoke.

Q:Is there room service?
A: A limited service(pizza,salad,soft drinks beer) is avaliable between 4pm and midnight.

Q: Are there safes in the room.
A: Yes

Q: Is there a Hot tub?
A: yes located near the pool open till 2am

Q: How much are the refillable mugs?
A: $11.99 and for use at the Resort purchased only.

Rentals: Bike 1 hr $5.66/ 1 day $13.21
Surrey Bike for 2 $16 1/2 hr for 4 $18 1/2 hr
Bike with pull behind for child $8.49/hr $16.04/day
Pontoon boats $28.30 1/2 hr
Canopy boats $20.28 1/2 hr
Paddle baots,kayaks,canoes $6/ 1/2 hr $10/hr

Carrige rides are 30 min long first one is at 6pm last one 930pm
4 people max $30 w/tax

Link to resort map : RESORT MAP POFQ *******************************************

Aerail Pciture of POFQ

Last edited by edcrbnsoul; 07-16-2008 at 11:10 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Here are some pictures while I gather information:

Old 03-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #4
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Here are some pictures of the pool:

Old 03-18-2004, 10:15 AM   #5
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

Hello,

Thanks for keeping this going.

Laundry facilities are in the same building as the outdoor bar, called Mardi Grogs.

It is very convenient to do laundry while lounging at the pool or the hot tub.

Also, for those who stay at the resort after 11 am checkout, there is a changing room near the pools. They are in the building where the rest rooms are, across the walkway from Mardi Grogs.

:D
Old 03-18-2004, 11:20 AM   #6
Crazy4mandms
Addicted to WDW and proud of it!

Are water raycers the same as water mice? The last thread said there were water RAYCERS....just wondering if they are one and the same.
Around the World Life Tour In Progress!!! '03 ASSp ~~~ '04 POFQ ~~~ '06 CS ~~~ '07 SS ~~~07 ASMo ~~ Y.E.S trip w/19 middle school students ASMu ~~~ 07 Pop ~~~ '08 OKW ~~~09 BCV/AK Romantic Getaway with 1st-Timer Incredible DH! HE PROPOSED IN CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!!! ~~~ '10 Special mom/son trip AKV/POR w/ DS and family trip to US/IOA HRH ~~~ '11 CBR ~~~'11 1 yr anniv trip w/ DH BLT ~~~'12 AoA Nemo + 1 night 2nd anniv at Poly~~~12' Girls Only Trip offsite~~~'14 - AP HOLDER - CAN'T STOP THE MADNESS!!
Old 03-18-2004, 11:35 AM   #7
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Thumbs up

Thanks guys for staring the POFQ FAQ!! I have been waiting for this!! Great infos and great pix!! We will be there in May! I can't wait!! More infos please!!
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
Old 03-18-2004, 12:58 PM   #8
swampkatz
Would rather be a "Welcomed Guest" than an "Unwelcomed" one!
As a youngster, aspired to be Hayley Mills or Tommy Kirk's SO, but since I can't do that, I will just be a Pollyanna
WL Vet

Thumbs up

So glad to see a thread about the POFQ. We'll be making our first trip there in June and I hope to be able to contribute some info when we return. Traci-lyn, your pictures are fantastic, thanks for sharing.
Kathi

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 3, 2005 7:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia> 7 Days on the Disney Magic </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Cruisin with Mickey!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 03-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #9
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

Yippeee!!!

I am going to POFQ in May, and it will be my DH and I's first time to stay on the Disney property!! When we made our ressies back in November, we wanted to stay at POFQ, and were crushed when we found out it was closed. But....we were so excited when we heard it was to re-open in March, so we switched our ressies immediately!!!

I can't wait and getting more excited with each day that gets closer...we have been away from the magic for too long!!

Old 03-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #10
DisKim
DIS Veteran

We'll be staying in July. I'd like to know which building is nice to stay in. I heard building 5 is nice because it is close to the pool, but I am very sensitive to noise. I afraid that I'll hear noise from the pool and it will keep me awake. Any suggestions on which building is best to stay in? This will be my first stay.

Off Site April 2001
POR April 2003
Poly July 2003
POFQ June/July 2004
Windsor Hills November 2004
CSR August 2005
POR August 2006
Off Site June 2007
BC June 2009
Bonnet Creek July 2010
Bonnet Creek / Windsor Hills June 2011
Bonnet Creek June 2012
Old 03-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #11
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Awesome photos! Love them!

The POFQ FAQ is now in the listing of Resort FAQ's at the top of the board.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:53 PM   #12
coliebird
I HAVE to sleep with socks on!
There must be other people that do this also.
something about tuna from a deli skeeves me

Thank you for posting those pictures. I miss my "home". Only 1 year and 7 months until I can go back. Until then I will keep looking at the pics and dreaming of my return.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:04 PM   #13
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. I am slowly but surely adding all the information.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:29 AM   #14
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy4mandms
Are water raycers the same as water mice? The last thread said there were water RAYCERS....just wondering if they are one and the same.
I'm pretty sure they are the same thing, maybe different name. The first time I went to WDW, water mice were called water sprites. Perhaps they changed the name to spice it up a little?
Old 03-19-2004, 10:35 AM   #15
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by DisKim
We'll be staying in July. I'd like to know which building is nice to stay in. I heard building 5 is nice because it is close to the pool, but I am very sensitive to noise. I afraid that I'll hear noise from the pool and it will keep me awake. Any suggestions on which building is best to stay in? This will be my first stay.
Building 5 is very convenient, but the resort is very small, so to me all of the buildings are convenient. I think if you are sensitive to noise, then maybe building 1 will be your best choice? It is close to the pool but it has building 2 between to buffer the noise.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: