Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Technical Support > Technical Support
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2002, 05:23 PM   #1
LisaTx
Domestic Goddess

How do I put a link to my auction items in my signature?

If you don't know how to Copy & Paste, read up on that first.

Go to the DIS Auctions and click on your auction item. When it is open in your browser window, copy the URL from the address window at the top of your browser. Make sure you get every bit of it. I highly recommend the copy & paste method over typing it out. It's very easy to make a typo when typing it out.

Next, go to the Technical Support Board and start a new thread so that you can test the link before you place it in your signature. Click on the http:// button in the VB code section. A window will pop up, asking what text you want to be displayed for the link. Type in your text and click on OK. A second window will pop up asking for the URL you would like to direct users to. At this time paste the URL in the box and then click on OK. Remember you already copied it during the first step.
Now click on submit. After your post goes through, click on your link to be sure it goes to the correct place. If it does not, you did copy the URL correctly.

If the link worked properly, click edit on your test post. Copy all of the information contained in your test post. Go to your user cp > edit profile and paste it into your signature box. Click on submit modifications and you're all set!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: