Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Technical Support > Technical Support
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2003, 03:13 PM   #1
binness
Earning My Ears

search

why cant i run a search? i am a member and i have signed in as needed?!
binness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:54 AM   #2
LisaTx
Domestic Goddess

Search is load limited. When the boards are busy, it automatically shuts off to help improve the speed of the boards. Try searching early in the morning, later at night or on weekends. Those seem to be the slower times.
LisaTx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2003, 08:31 AM   #3
Susie Bee
Disney Lover

Unhappy

OK, I've tried searching at 5:30 AM EST this morning and I'm still getting the >Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator. < message...

Is there a problem with the site or is there something wrong with my account???

Thanks!
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'February 9, 2005 2:01:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Return to the Pop Century to See the Mouse!! (February 9, 2005)</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We\\\'re hear!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'February 13, 2005 12:01:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Our First Disney 4-Day Cruise!! <b>Whoo, Hoo!!</b> (February 13, 2005)</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We\\\'re hear!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
<i><h4><font color=blue>"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."</i>
<b></font></h4><h6>-- Sheryl Crow - Soak Up The Sun</b></h6>___________________
April 1987 -- Off Site - International Drive
December 1994 -- Off Site - International Drive
January 1996 -- Dixie Landings
March 2001 -- All-Star Music
February 2002 -- Caribbean Beach Resort
February 2004 -- Pop Century
<b>February 2005 -- Pop Century & 1st Disney 4-Day Cruise</b>
Susie Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
DznyDreams
A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by Susie Bee
OK, I've tried searching at 5:30 AM EST this morning and I'm still getting the >Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator. <
I agree with Susie Bee on this one. I hardly ever seem to find a time where the search function is working. VERY rarely have I been able to utilize this function at all, but especially on the "Theme Park Attractions and Strategies" board. This is VERY frustrating....especially since my dialup connection is SO SO slow. It takes forever to load each page of a board just to see if my questions have been asked and answered in the past. It has taken up to ONE FULL HOUR for me to go through only 8-10 pages just to see if there is any info out there that covers my topic. It makes me just want to scream sometimes!!!! My blood pressure doesn't need this frustration, so I'll probably just post no matter what....even if the topic was covered on the page before. I just don't have the time to sort through all those pages at 26400 bps!

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep; In dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for you keep; Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling thru; No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!

11/13 CSR & Disney Dream * 9/10 CSR * 08/09 WL * 2/09 CSR * 9/08 BWV & POP * 5/08 POP * 11-12/07 CSR & Disney Wonder * 10/05 CBR * 10/04 BWV * 03/04 BWV * 10/02 OKW * 04/02 WLV * 10/01 OKW * 12/00 CR * 05/00 POFQ * 12/99 DL (aka: POR) * 09/98 CR * Offsite 95
Old 01-23-2004, 03:43 PM   #5
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Diane,

Have you noticed any of the posts about new servers on the way for the DIS?

These servers will be much bigger, better, faster, and able to handle the ever growing number of members posting all this great information here! We anticipate that we'll be able to search once again after everything gets moved over... (We're ALL looking forward to this!)

I don't have dates, but keep watching the boards for the happy announcement!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
DznyDreams
A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .

KathyTX,

Thanks for the headsup! Truth is that while I have glanced at, but not thoroughly read, the posts about new servers, I hadn't actually taken the time to consider that this would have an effect on the search function. Not because it doesn't make sense, mind you, but because I'm simply ignorant about such things. I too will begin to look forward to the completion of the changes. This IS exciting!

PS--Sorry I sounded so frustrated in my earlier post, but truth is, I REALLY had run out of patience at that very moment. I was frustrated and loud, which is usually not a good combo--sorry 'bout that.

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep; In dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for you keep; Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling thru; No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!

11/13 CSR & Disney Dream * 9/10 CSR * 08/09 WL * 2/09 CSR * 9/08 BWV & POP * 5/08 POP * 11-12/07 CSR & Disney Wonder * 10/05 CBR * 10/04 BWV * 03/04 BWV * 10/02 OKW * 04/02 WLV * 10/01 OKW * 12/00 CR * 05/00 POFQ * 12/99 DL (aka: POR) * 09/98 CR * Offsite 95
Old 01-23-2004, 10:20 PM   #7
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

No problem, Diane.

Truth is, I say some ugly things about and to the computers pretty often, too. :D
Old 07-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #8
disneysailor
Mouseketeer

Has anyone had any luck doing searches? I can never get it to work which is very frustrating since it takes a while to get to the message that says it won't work. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it!
disneysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 AM   #9
Sorcerer's Dad
Mouseketeer

Searching for User Name

Is there a trick to finding msgs by a user who has an apostrophe in the name? I can't search for my posts. Don't have many, but I can find other users that have two words in the name. Search function seems to dislike the apostrophe. Do I need to change my name and remove the apostrophe?

Thanks
Sorcerer's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #10
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Hi Sorcerer's Dad. The search has not really worked since late last summer. I do not think it is the apostrophe, search pretty much is just generally non-functional. You might try digging through this thread, there might be some search work arounds you can pull from it......

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1200933

I did read back a month and a half or so ago that they were working on it.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #11
agnes!
*sigh*
He had a yowl that could peel paper
I would never joke around about making money
My AI Loser Tag

Some DIS'ers have luck doing a Google site-search.

I agree with Dan - the website-based search seems to be fairly non-functional these days. (Btw Sorceror's Dad - I can't find myself either.) I am still hopeful that the new/improved dedicated Search-Server that WebmasterAlex spoke of back in March is happening soon.

And then we can all find ourselves .

agnes!

*this* spot still sacred to
Those no longer here - you are not forgotten...........
(also remembering all the pets who have owned me, including "James", "Sugar", "Gabriel" & "Nancy")
Thanks to Grumpy Pirate I sometimes do have a seasonal smilie. I also remember when American Idol was GOOD.
Do not read beauty magazines...they will only make you feel UGLY.
agnes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #12
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnes! View Post
......I can't find myself either.......
It's not just you, Agnes; I can not find you, nor me, nor anyone either, LOL.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
Sorcerer's Dad
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your replies.

Dan - I do find your msgs using advanced search. The messages to agnes! are hiding in the same bucket of trons as mine.

agnes! -- I'll mark the link in your msg and check that periodically.
Sorcerer's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:03 PM   #14
jmmastra
Mouseketeer

I can not do searches either. I used to be able to but I do not even get a "sorry" anymore. I type in a key word and it just defaults back. I have done this at 5PM and at 3AM and I still can not search.

View my wedding trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1450754
Planning Journal http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1403046

DFTW Wedding Pavilion and Yacht Club

May 1, 2007
jmmastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #15
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

Question CANNOT search on username

I cannot search under username -

like I used to beable to click on a username next to their avatar -
You are given the choice - pick all posts by 'USERNAME'

Whenever I do this now I get...
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I just changed my 'STYLE' to california gold - and now I can search....weird.
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: