|07-13-2005, 08:32 AM||#1|
"TO MILE 9!!!"
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
**Book Club** Discussion - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
I haven't finished reading it but I wanted to give us a few days of discussion before the new one is released and we start on that one. Mark your calendars for a discussion on August 1st.
The first time I read OOTP I was MAJORLY disappointed. Where was my Harry Potter? Who is this angry young man who replaced him? With my 2nd reading I came to realize that it was still the same Harry, but he was growing up
With my re-reading it now I am only up to Chapter 10 but the thing that jumps out at me the most is Molly Weasley. She is a real Witch in this book, to the point where I can't stand her. I understand she is under a lot of stress, but she is just down right nasty at some points. What really angers me at the end is that she was a BIG proponent of Harry not knowing anything! It is his lack of knowledge though that causes him to act as he does. Had they given him the information all could have been avoided.
1) Give us a review of the book.
2) How did you feel about Sirius' death? How do you think it will effect Harry in Half-Blood Prince?
3) Do you think Fred and George's joke shop will be a success?
4) What is really going on with Percy?
5) Do you feel Dumbledore should have told Harry everything at the beginning of the book?
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|