Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
danandjackie
Mouseketeer

Dan and Jackie at Flying Fish Boardwalk

Once again this was a 90day PS.. We arrived on a really cold evening, I think because the sun had come out for the first time today and the clouds had cleared it actually made this evening the coldest ever.

Arrived at 8.35 and was given a pager so we went and huddled in one of the Boardwalk Shops for warmth, There isnt much room in the actual flying fish lobby to wait seated.

We waited probably about 10-15mins and were then seated. The Flying Fish is quite a strange building, Its quite a long corridor style with an open kitchen on the left as you go in where you can pay to sit at the chefs table, the ceiling is very high and this coupled with the fact it is one open area makes it rather noisy and echoey.

The menu is nice and tight with some fresh market specials.

Jackie ordered the Oak flamed fillet of Salmon and I ordered a Beautiful piece of very rare Blue Tuna served on a bed of fine Vermicelli Noodles, nicely spiced. Both dishes were beautifully presented and were washed down with a bottle of nicely chilled Kenwood Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc 2003. Though on reflection this did little to raise our body temperatures.LOL

One Criticism though. The place was freezing. It couldn't have been much above 4c outside but rather than have any heat in the Restaurant the place still had the AC on as if it was a hot summers day outside. It was probably not helped by the size of the space as I have mentioned.

The food however was all V.Good and I followed the main course by ordering a selection of Artisan Cheeses which included nice soft Brie, Camembert, Stilton, English V.Mature Cheddar, and a glass of deep Cabernet Sauvignon, for warmth you understand.

Unfortunately despite fixing the battery problem I forgot to take all the pictures, must have been the cold numbing my senses.

8.0 out of ten though I deducted .5 simply because of the cold. The bill came to $130.00 inc tip.

Trip reports and Trip Videos and Restaurant Reviews

WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09, DLP Xmas 09, WDW Xmas/NY 10
danandjackie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: