Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2005, 01:20 AM   #1
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Disneyland Hotel - With Pictures

Disneyland Hotel
1150 Magic Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 778-6600
Check in: 3:00pm Check out: 11:00am

Information about the Disneyland Hotel on the DIS

The Disneyland Hotel is the original hotel at the Disneyland Resort. This hotel is comprised of three separate towers. Guests check in the Magic Tower, on the north side. The other two towers are the Dream and the Wonder.

View of the Magic & Dream Towers from the Mickey & Friends parking structure. Paradise Pier Hotel is in the background.

View of the Dream & Wonder Towers from the Grand Californian Hotel.

The hotel is made of three towers: Magic, Dream, and Wonder, which are about 11 stories tall. Guests check in the Magic Tower. The Magic Tower offers the standard view (facing north towards the Mickey & Friends parking structure) and pool/resort view, which looks out on the Disneyland Hotel grounds. The Wonder Tower offers the standard view (facing south) to the city, and the pool/resort view, which looks out on the hotel grounds, and over the waterfalls. Some rooms have a view of the waterfalls and pine trees. The Dream Tower offers pool/resort views on both sides - the west faces the hotel grounds, overlooking the Neverland pool, and the east side overlooks Downtown Disney with views of Disneyland and California Adventure parks. The concierge lounge is located in the Dream Tower up on the 11th floor overlooking the parks and Downtown Disney.

Layout of the Disneyland Hotel

Bigger view of layout of the Disneyland Hotel

Aerial View of Disneyland Hotel (Click on picture to see labels)

The Disneyland Hotel is beautifully themed and landscaped. There are waterfalls and a koi pond, as well as a big pond where you can drive your own remote control jungle cruise boats. There are two pools. One is quieter, with a wading pool next to it, and has a volleyball court on the sand, and one is a Neverland themed pool, with a slide that comes out of Skull Rock and a little slide for the younger set, with a jacuzzi next to it. The fitness center and laundry facility are next to the quiet pool. There are also a couple of gift shops located at the hotel.

View from the Dream Tower. In the foreground is the Lost Boys Bar, Jungle Cruise remote control boats, gift shops to the left of that. The Wonder Tower is on the left. Next to that is the Fantasy Waters (no longer showing), quiet pool with beach, fitness center, laundry room. The green awnings on the right cover the windows to Goofy’s Kitchen.

View from the Dream Tower of the Neverland Pool. The stairs lead to the skull rock slide, and on the other side of that is the Little Mermaid Jacuzzi. Next to the model ship is the slide for the younger guests. Hooks Pointe is the building to the left.

Dream Tower

Quiet pool with beach

Smaller children’s pool with laundry room & fitness center in the background

Fitness Center

Waterfalls

Koi Pond

Jungle Cruise Remote Control Boats
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 01:21 AM   #2
Mary Jo
Techarita

DISboards Moderator

Rooms are decorated with Disney touches throughout. There is a Tinkerbell pixie dust border that glows in the dark when the lights are turned off. The bathroom reminds me of Main Street, and Mickey hands hold the lights. There are paintings of Disneyland in the room, and a map of Disneyland is etched in the wood cabinets and bed headboard. There is a light feel to the room. Amenities include: hair dryer, iron/ironing board, refrigerator, cable tv, coffee/tea makers, and data ports. Standard rooms have two queen beds, a king, or two queens and a daybed. Rooms have patio windows that open to a ledge that you can stand on. This gives the room a more open feel. Click on the link below to see a typical room layout.

Typical Room Layouts

These are pics of a room at the Bonita Tower, 4th floor, which had two queens and a daybed. It was very roomy.

There are three restaurants as well as light fare offered: The very popular Goofy's Kitchen (offering delicious buffets and character interaction for breakfast, lunch, or dinner), Granville Steakhouse, and Hooks Pointe. Hooks Pointe also has a nice wine cellar. Next to Hooks Pointe is the Lost Boys Bar, an outdoor lounge area where you can relax while you enjoy a drink and snack. Crocs Bits is a lunch/dinner counter service eatery offering chicken strips, burgers, nachos, etc., also located next to the Lost Boys Bar. Over by Granville Steakhouse there is The Coffee House, where you can get a cup of coffee and some pastry or yogurt in the morning for a quick breakfast, or later in the day - seating is located outside. Near the Neverland Pool is the Captains Galley, which offers take-out: sushi, sandwiches, salads, etc., for lunch or dinner.

Entrance to Goofy’s Kitchen and Granville Steakhouse

Goofy’s Kitchen

Lost Boys Lounge and Hook’s Pointe Entrance

Hook’s Pointe

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2005, 01:22 AM   #3
Mary Jo
Techarita

DISboards Moderator

Spa and Fitness Center: The Grand Californian Hotel has a fitness center that is available to all hotel guests. The Mandara Health Club and Spa offers dry saunas and steam rooms. There are massage rooms with expert massage therapists providing Swedish, Deep Tissue, and other massage services. Spa services are available to Disneyland Resort hotel guests for a fee.

Child Care -- The Grand Californian has Pinocchios Workshop, a child activity center, available for evening childcare for children ages 5-12. Reservations are required, and limited space is available. For more extensive babysitting services, the hotel offers a referral program of licensed child care providers. This service is available to all Disneyland Resort hotel guests for a fee.

More Pictures

Croc’s Bits and Bites

Wedding Gazebo

View by the waterfalls

View from the concierge lounge in the Dream Tower

Koi Pond

Posing with the characters

and then, posing years later

Getting to Disneyland and California Adventure

Guests walk through Downtown Disney to get to both the Disneyland and California Adventure parks. Guests can also use the monorail to get to Disneyland. Guests staying at the Disneyland Resort hotels can use the Monorail hotel express line when returning from Tomorrowland, Disneyland. The Monorail makes a round trip from Tomorrowland, through California Adventure and the Grand Californian Hotel, stopping at Downtown Disney, then returning to Tomorrowland. All guests must get off the monorail at Tomorrowland. Guests can also board or get off at the Downtown Disney station, which is next to the Rainforest Cafe, and just a short walk from the Disneyland Hotel (You must have a ticket to get into Disneyland to board at the Downtown station).

Guests staying at the Wonder Tower have the option of using another shortcut by walking across the street and cutting through the Grand Californian Hotel. Use the Downtown Disney exit to get to Disneyland and the California Adventure exclusive exit to go to that park.

Entrance to Disneyland Hotel from Downtown Disney. Dream Tower is on the left, and Magic Tower is in the background. The building to the right is the ESPN Zone.

Monorail Station in Downtown Disney - Disneyland Hotel is in the background.

Disneyland parking is located by the Magic Tower, however, there is a very small parking lot next to the Wonder Tower, which makes it very convenient for guests staying in that tower who will be driving to other places during their visit.

DIS Photo Gallery - See Pics or Upload Your Own

ºoº
Old 04-15-2005, 01:42 AM   #4
magicfan
DIS Cast Member

Great pictures--thanks for sharing!
magicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:04 AM   #5
Mom2my2daughters
Mouseketeer

Mary Jo, you ROCK Thank you so much for taking the time to put all this together. You know, we spent 4 days at the DLH in 2002 and didn't see half the things you posted here! We even swam in the Neverland pool and I didn't even notice the smaller waterslide

Question- From reading, I've gathered that the Bonita and Sierra Towers have larger rooms than the Marina Tower. Do you find this to be true? And is the Bonita Tower quite a bit of a walk to the Neverland pool, it looks so far out there!

Again, thank you so much. The info. you offer here is outstanding!!!!!!

Mom2my2daughters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:10 AM   #6
Mary Jo
Techarita

DISboards Moderator

Thank you I just think of what I would like to know, and then go take pics. Oh - I just remembered a couple of other things I need to add...

Although the Bonita Tower is a bit further from the pool, it's not really that far, and less than a 5-minute walk. It just looks further because of the pics, I think.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:33 AM   #7
MinnieM21
I've been to Disneyland a billion times but I don't even know what WDW looks like! (psst...there are tons of pictures of WDW on the Internet!)
Loves to ride Bud Light with her mom

Wow, thanks for taking the time to put this thread together. The pictures are wonderful! I can't wait to go to Disneyland and stay at the Disneyland Hotel again.
MinnieM21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 07:53 AM   #8
DonnettaR
DIS Veteran

BRAVO! BRAVO! Thank you very much. I can't wait to get there.
DonnettaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #9
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Wow, Mary Jo, that was terrific - thanks!!

Any chance of a thread like this for the Grand Californian? We'll be staying there in June!

Whoops - I just went down the page and found the thread for the GC . Thanks!
May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!::F&WF Quickie October 2014
Sweet 16 Trip to Disneyland - July 2015

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie

Last edited by phyllis1966; 04-15-2005 at 09:29 AM.
phyllis1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:35 AM   #10
tinknsnow
Mouseketeer

wow

Thanks for sharing those. I really enjoyed that, and it got me even more excited about our first DL trip!

DH DD (11) DD (9) DS (7)

Now planning: Magic 11N Holiday Southern Special 12/18/10

May '10- Poly GVC 9N /Jan '09- Poly GVC for 9 nights/ Jun '08 Mexican Riviera on the Magic, Suite 8534 with 4 nights at the DLH first! / Oct '07 CR Atrium Club / Sep '06 Disney Magic, Suite 8034 / Jan '06 Poly GV Concierge / Oct '05 DLH Concierge for Disneyland's 50th birthday! / Feb '05 Disney Wonder, Suite 8032 / Feb '05 WL Concierge / Jan '04 WL Concierge / Jan '02 WL Concierge
tinknsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #11
Mom2Joce
It all started with a...

Thanks Mary Jo for all the work you do here...it really makes planning easy with so much information available!!
Mom2Joce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #12
Baloo2003
Mouseketeer

Coffee Makers?

Hi Mary Jo:

your pictures are great. We plan on staying at the Disneyland Hotel during the July anniversary. One thing caught my eye in the amenities...you mentioned they have coffee/tea makers in the room. We drink a lot of coffee while getting ready in the morning, so for hotels that don't offer coffee makers in the room, we will bring our own. I checked the Room Layout link and in the amemities list, they do not list coffee makers. If you are sure they have them in the room this will save souvenir space in the suitcase....if you know what I mean.

We stayed at Disneyland Hotel in 1998 and 1999 and they didn't have them in the rooms then. I know they have made changes since the Disneyland "Resort" concept. We stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel in 2001 and they did have coffee makers.

I know this sounds trivial to some folks, but I don't want to pack the coffee maker if I don't have to.

Thanks....

Baloo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 06:26 PM   #13
abby
Abby's Mom

Thanks so much, We leave on Tuesday and are staying at the DLH. This just adds to the excitment.
abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #14
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

Coffee makers

The rooms at the DLH do not have coffeemakers, but you can request one when you check in. I need my coffee, too....

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
karylrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #15
Alice Sr.
BWV 1998 BCV 2002 SSR 2006 AKL 2008

Thanks for sharing, you always take the nicest most in inspiring pictures. Now I feel like I need to come to Cali.
Alice Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: