Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
Jeremy B.
I Can't Stop Planning!

Cypress Pointe Grand Villas....Is this a good deal?

http://www.hotelkingdom.com/hotelsea...n=0&cityid=366

First return on this search was the Cypress Pointe Grand Villas, 1 Bedroom, $69.xx/night for 5 nights. This place was recommended by "spiceycat" on here as an alternative to some of the higher priced suites around the area. This will be for myself, my wife (we're in our mid 20's), our 4.5yr old daughter and 16 month old son. Our son will be using a port a crib we are bringing, and our daughter can use the sleeper sofa. Does this seem like a good deal that would fit our needs to you guys? Anyone have any other info on this place? TIA!
Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
Jeremy B.
I Can't Stop Planning!

Well, disregard this post..........I made reservations this evening for Cypress Pointe Resort, rather than the Grand Villas, got the 2-bedroom at CPR for almost the same price as the one bedroom at the grand villas. I'm pretty excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2005, 06:14 PM   #3
pcottrell
Earning My Ears

Hi,
I have stayed at both Cypress Pointe and at the Grandvillas. I was happy with my stay at both. I thought that the Grandvillas were newer, so a little nicer, but I also had a great stay at Cypress Pointe as well. We were in a 3 br, which was basically a 2br with a lock-off unit. The 2 br is spacious and it is so nice to have the full kitchen, and the washer/dryer!! I hope you have a great stay!
Paige
pcottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
2minnies
DIS Veteran

All units at CP will be renovated as of March - search on the boards and you'll find a ton of posts from people who have stayed recently. We'll be arriving 3/17 and can't wait.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
Sandyincanada
DIS Cast Member

We're there right now in a 2 bedroom, read the thread called hello from cypress pointe....you'll be quite happy hear, sooooo much space and all newly renovated

Suess Landing - Islands of Adventure
Sandyincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
mrsmom
Drinks P.C.'s in the C.C. at P.I....MmMmmm Good!Has Disney skeleton keys

Just booked my stay for the first week in May!! I can't wait.
Kim
mrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:42 PM   #7
Cujo
Mouseketeer

Jeremy B

We just returned from our stay at Cypress Pointe. We thought about CPGV, but like you said for the same cost you can get more space at CP. We had a 3 bedroom unit. Although CPGV is newer, and I liked the lush landscaping around the mini golf, we were very happy with Cypress Pointe. After a busy day at the park, having a comfortable place to unwind was great.
The location of this resort is also very convenient.
We would not hesitate about staying there again.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Sandra

Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:31 PM   #8
Jeremy B.
I Can't Stop Planning!

Quote:
We're there right now in a 2 bedroom, read the thread called hello from cypress pointe....you'll be quite happy hear, sooooo much space and all newly renovated

Your thread is actually what got me to change my mind about where we were staying

Thanks to everyone for your input, my wife and I are both comfortable with our selection and can't wait to get there!
Old 02-17-2005, 03:31 AM   #9
wincha
Earning My Ears

cypress point

can you give me a link to the person who rented the cypress point 2 br for the price of the one br earlier?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:07 AM   #10
Jeremy B.
I Can't Stop Planning!

Quote:
can you give me a link to the person who rented the cypress point 2 br for the price of the one br earlier?
If you go to the link in the top of my thread here you will see the first two results in that search were the Cypress Pointe Resort and the Cypress Pointe Grand Villas. Look at the pricing for the 2BR at CPR and the 1BR for CPGV, you'll notice about a $4 difference per night.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #11
DIS Veteran

Hey Jeremy. When you stretch out in the living room and pop a dvd into the 46 inch tv and realize there are surround sound speakers, a frig to hold all your drinks, and a microwave for popping some popcorn......... remember, a value resort at Disney this time of year would have cost more! Hope you have a nice relaxing time. My kids at those ages liked the playground, pool and minigolf to destress from all the stimulation of the parks. We liked Bahama Breeze (not far) for early dinners and Uno's pizza to bring back to the condo. Big Winn Dixie about a mile west on 535 on your right, more variety than most Winn Dixie's.
26555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:22 PM   #12
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

lots of people here loves these 2 resorts!

there has only been one negative post - but it was more with the outside area than the villa.

you may never stay onsite again.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:32 PM   #13
Jetstorm
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Grande Villas in Nov. 2004 during Thanksgiving and loved it! It's close to Disney and many restaurants nearby. Lots of room and too much to mention here. We got a great deal through Condoexpress.com. We had a 3 bdrm. with two bdrms. on one side and a 1 bdrm. on the other side of a privacy door (great for the inlaws) all for the total of $120.00 a night.
They will ask you if you are interested in a tour, but you can easily say no.
Jetstorm is offline   Reply With Quote