Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
tandeo
Earning My Ears

Question Airport Hotel

Hi Everyone,

New to DIS, great information. We will be arriving in Orlando @ 9:00 PM,
looking for a nice place with a good pool to stay for the night, any suggestions?
tandeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

there are several - in the airport is the Hyatt

but close by are a Renaissance, Hilton, -

I would go with priceline!

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #3
Bride In The Attic
DIS Veteran

We've always had great experiences at the Airport Hyatt - love that it is connected to the airport and it is a really nice hotel. The bellman will take your luggage directly to the Mears counter for you the next morning.

Not sure if you are staying on property or not but the last few times we've gone to WDW we've stayed the first night at a moderate on property before changing over to the Poly...you could also stay at POP/AS for about the same you would pay for a nice airport hotel - that way you wake up already at Disney and they handle your luggage transfer from one resort to the other while you are out enjoying the parks...

Addicted to the Poly since 1974!
First trip: Jan 74 Polynesian "Village" Resort - 20 trips since
Bride In The Attic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:51 PM   #4
Hensandchickens
Mouseketeer

The Hyatt would be a great hotel to stay in at the airport, but it's $199 a night! We arrive at 1:00 am, so we are pretty much in the same boat. We are staying at the Marriott for $69. It has an indoor/outdoor pool and 24 hour airport shuttle. I've never stayed there, but I've been told it's nice.
Hensandchickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat
I would go with priceline!
I've done Priceline and won the Crowne Plaza @ MCO for $50. Beautiful place to stay with free shuttle - great for my early am flight!!

2015: AKV Mar ~ 2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

biddingfortravel is a good PL resource. You should be able to get a 3* hotel (AFAIK the 3* hotels all have 24 hour shuttle service) for under $50. People used to get them for $35-40 but I think the accepted price has gone up a little.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #7
jdm
DIS Veteran

We did Priceline for our upcoming trip and got the Holiday Inn Select for $55. I would have loved the Hyatt but we had to book two nights as we are flying in at 6am. We needed a guaranteed early checkin as we will need to get to bed right away. Flying all night........... The Hyatt wanted over $200 a night and the other hotels were close to that also, so Priceline worked for us. I think all the area hotels, have nice pools and a shuttle.

Good luck,
Jenn
jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #8
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm
We did Priceline for our upcoming trip and got the Holiday Inn Select for $55. I would have loved the Hyatt but we had to book two nights as we are flying in at 6am. We needed a guaranteed early checkin as we will need to get to bed right away. Flying all night........... The Hyatt wanted over $200 a night and the other hotels were close to that also, so Priceline worked for us. I think all the area hotels, have nice pools and a shuttle.

Good luck,
Jenn
Jenn most hotels won't guarantee an eary checkin unless you have a reservation for the previous night, really a very late checkin. If you book through PL you have no guarantee you'll get a room early. Reserve the previous night, check in over the phone before you fly out and you'll have your room at 6am otherwise if the hotel is sold out you may not get a room before normal checkin.

The pools are fine, normal hotel pools but not the type of elaborate themed pools you find in the resorts. The 3* hotels all have 24 hour shuttles but I think one or two of the 2.5* hotels have shuttles that don't run 24 hours a day.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote