Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2001, 01:17 PM   #1
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Hyatt Grand Cypress?

Has anyone been to this hotel? We always stay on Disney property but due to a convention we are staying a week at Hyatt Grand Cypress. Since we are WDW AP'holders so I will probably be doing parks with my girls 4&6yo's while hubby does meetings etc during the day. Any comments on the rooms, shuttles, amenities would be greatly appreciated. Are there coffeemakers, fridges, etc available? I have checked the Hyatt website but little info is available there. If you have any information on this hotel esp with regards to preschoolers I would truly appreciate it. TIA
TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

did you try this website?

http://www.hyattgrandcypress.com/vis...dation/ac.html

sorry if you did.

As you can see from this website - you have to paid a $10.00 room fee to use the shuttle to WDW.

This used to be the only 5-star hotel in Orlando - but it got downgraded and since has refused to be listed in AAA.

We when there one time for lunch - it is absolutely beautiful. (expensive).

I would think the hotel would get you whatever you want (most 5-stars will).

sorry I did not read enough - they will take you to WDW free - you pay for Disney Village, UL, Seaworld, etc.

[This message was edited by spiceycat on 04-16-01 at 06:04 PM.]
spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2001, 03:15 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

this site too

http://www.hyatt.com/usa/orlando/hot...oms_vista.html

this one tells about the Hyatt KidsCamp(?) and babysitting.
spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 10:32 AM   #4
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Thanks for the links

Thanks for the links I am going to check them out now. The official Hyatt site dosen't have much information so these will be helpful I am sure.

Anyone who has stayed there like to comment please?? TIA
TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 11:38 AM   #5
dls

My family stayed at the Grand Cypress in February 2000. This is a really nice hotel. There was a daily resort fee as I recall. One of the best things about the hotel is the grotto pool. My 11 year old loved it. The grounds are really beautiful and the hotel is set on a small lake. At the time, the resort fee covered unlimited use of all the small boats, etc. to use on the lake. If anyone is a golfer, there is an excellent on-site course.
Old 04-23-2001, 01:31 PM   #6
Sherrilatte
Pure n' simple

I loved it...

Our family stayed at the Hyatt at our last 7 day visit. We absolutely loved it. Our son was 8 at the time and he loved the grotto and beach area. He also stayed at camp hyatt a day and one half during our vacation. They went on biking tours of the property and did many activities during his day. He enjoyed that too. We wanted to enjoy Disney without being overwhelmed by it since there were also two adults on this trip besides our son--Mom and Dad. We rented a car and drove to the park. We also visited Universal Studios too. The service was impeccable and the room was room and spotless. Housekeeping was very good. I do not know about now. This was a 5 star hotel when we went. The Hemmingway restaurant was wonderful. I had the grouper. I forgot what my family, but they enjoyed it too. The ambiance of the Hyatt after leaving Disney is priceless and I hope you get a chance to experience it.
Sherrilatte is offline   Reply With Quote